IGNORED

Darkstalkers Resurrection

Cybergoth

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just heard about this yesterday, and am very very stoked. I still regard Nightwarriors for the Saturn (with the wonderful 6-button Saturn gamepad) to be one of my absolute favorite games of all time. I'm in. Control won't be as good, but high def plus extra goodies...good enough.

(now they just need to release Shining Force III, Panzer Dragoon Saga, the original HOTD, Die Hard Arcade, Virtua Cop 1-3, Mystaria all in high def and I can combine them with Nights and Guardian Heroes already on XBLA...and I will be set. Oh wait, Dragon Force too. And Galactic Attack. And Fighter's Megamix. And Street Fighter Alpha 2. And X-Men Vs Street Fighter, and the Dungeons and Dragons collection. Ok nevermind. Nightwarriors is good.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Am thoroughly enjoying it so far, haven't been around to play much though. Initial impression is that the music alone really got me into the Saturn feel.

But of course....badly miss the six-button Street Fighter style controller. Thinking hard about getting one for my 360 for this and for SF3: 3rd strike.

Am thoroughly enjoying it so far, haven't been around to play much though. Initial impression is that the music alone really got me into the Saturn feel.

But of course....badly miss the six-button Street Fighter style controller. Thinking hard about getting one for my 360 for this and for SF3: 3rd strike.

I can recommend the original SFIV Fightpads from MadCatz. Their current production run (I think SFxT branded) is approx. 30% smaller and I prefer holding the bigger ones in my paws :lolblue:

Otherwise I still didn't start into the game, since I'm currently still playing "X-Men: Children of the Atom" and don't want to mess up my skills before I've beaten it with all characters :)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hm... so apparently ~70% of the achievements is "Perform 5 insanely difficult combos with each character"...

After struggling for a whole week with Pyrons combo challenges - which are considered a 2/10 difficulty by the pros :roll: - I figured there must be more to live than helplessly pushing the same 20 button sequence over and over again whilst praying for a miracle...

This package is definitely for highly professional Darkstalkers players only. I don't even bother to try playing it online and just accept defeat. Too bad you can't get your money back if you didn't like a PSN game, I'd immediately go for that option.

Meanwhile I dug out my copy of PSP Darkstalkers, continuing playing there - the actual game I really like - in fact I think Darkstalkers is my favourite of Capcoms fighting brands. If you asked me, instead of pissing people off with Resurrection they should've just made DS4 with the SFIV engine...

I am by no means a great player, but I enjoy it. I also don't care about achievements, esp ones that are too hard to get.

I just enjoy playing it through, seeing the great animations in high def, feeling the nostalgia. I still give it a big thumbs up. If for no other thing than for the Iron Horse stage. It completely rules. :)

• 3 years later...

Necro bump for a minor rant.

This game must have been a serious failure cuz I keep watching for it to go on sale and it never does. Heck, on PlayStation there was a huge Capcom sale a few weeks ago where the most obscure stuff was a buck or two but Resurrection was completely ignored.

End of rant.

Well someone at Capcom must have heard my rant cuz Resurrection is free in July for PS+

Wooohoooo!!!!