Photo

Anyone here from Western PA

31 replies to this topic

#26 Kyle22 OFFLINE  

Kyle22

Dragonstomper

• 818 posts

Posted Tue Oct 8, 2013 6:24 PM

I picked up a 400 from Goodwill in Lawrenceville for $10.00, but that's the only Atari item I have seen there.

-Kyle

#27 Hyperboy OFFLINE  

Hyperboy

Stargunner

• 1,161 posts

Posted Tue Oct 8, 2013 6:30 PM

I'm 90 miles south of Pittsburgh but I get up there often. I've scored some great stuff up there on Craigslist and some of the thrift stores.

#28 cybercylon OFFLINE  

cybercylon

Dragonstomper

• 904 posts

Posted Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:10 AM

I'm 90 miles south of Pittsburgh but I get up there often. I've scored some great stuff up there on Craigslist and some of the thrift stores.

Which thrift stores have you been going to? Most of the ones I am aware of had been as dry as a bone. I gave up about a year ago... was just wasting time and gas.

Maybe things are in phases though...

#29 cybercylon OFFLINE  

cybercylon

Dragonstomper

• 904 posts

Posted Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:12 AM

I picked up a 400 from Goodwill in Lawrenceville for $10.00, but that's the only Atari item I have seen there.

-Kyle

Yea... that is that Southside Computer Works. They used to be on Carson Street, and wasn't that bad to get to on the way home from work. Getting to Lawrenceville would be a PITA.

#30 Hyperboy OFFLINE  

Hyperboy

Stargunner

• 1,161 posts

Posted Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:35 AM

Which thrift stores have you been going to? Most of the ones I am aware of had been as dry as a bone. I gave up about a year ago... was just wasting time and gas.

Maybe things are in phases though...

I hit every one I can find, I usually take a full day just to hit thrifts. Salvation Army on South Side, The Catholic Diocese store, Red, White,Blues, etc. On a few trips I've literally filled a full size conversion van or a car full and others I've only picked up a couple items. Good day or bad I try to get to pinball perfection if open but always grab a rare burger and beers at Nadine's. Everyone in the area should try to meet up some Saturday at pinball perfection for some gaming and beverages, just an idea.

#31 mdoerty OFFLINE  

mdoerty

Chopper Commander

• 201 posts

Posted Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:31 PM

Just made aware of this thread. Sitting 75 miles south of Pittsburgh for last 18 years. Thrifted the 'burgh back in the day. Would love to have a local/regional show.

Mike from Morgantown

#32 Rick Reynolds OFFLINE  

Rick Reynolds

Moonsweeper

• 277 posts

Posted Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:02 PM

Also just found this thread. I'm in the Pittsburgh 'burbs (Bethel Park). Would definitely love to have some kind of show close by.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users