IGNORED

Capcom Arcade Cabinet (XBLA/PSN/...)

Cybergoth

Darn. I was hoping it was an actual arcade cabinet.

Fixed that.

yay! another way to sell us emulated games that we've been stealing forever.

If it goes beyond the titles from Capcom Classics Vol. 1 & 2 anywhere, I'll get those games. Nothing beats convenient gaming in front of the TV :)

If there's something new of interest here not already on Capcom Classics Collection 1 & 2, count me in.

CPS1 games that haven't been released so far are:

Dynasty Wars

Willow

U.N. Squadron

Carrier Air Wing

Nemo

Mega Man: The Power Battle

Warriors of Fate

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs

The Punisher

Saturday Night Slam Masters

I fear that, just like before, Capcom won't invest in the licensing though, so Mega Man is probably our best bet. Another early game that might be an option is LED Storm aka Mad Gear.

some free classic capcom arcade games for my 360?sounds good to me!

I think it's just *one* free game - presumably Black Tiger.

If you're not just specifically considering game's that weren't on CCC1/2, Mega Man: The Power Battle is actually on Mega Man Anniversary Collection. But I have a feeling you know that. :)

KLOV's description of LED Storm has me hoping that one makes its way out. Bump 'n' Jump on steroids sounds like a fun game to me since I love Bump 'n' Jump.

I hope they don't repeat Game Room's mistakes. Quality emulation, regular releases, low prices, and game bundles will be key to this succeeding. Also wouldn't mind seeing them gradually rerelease their 8/16 bit library of unlicensed classics on here (Since I don't think anyone expects them to ever reacquire things like Disney licenses in order to rerelease their game's based on licensed IP's). And you already know that people will whine when they realize that things like the Bionic Commando they remember playing aren't here.

One free game is a step in the right direction at least. I think Game Room made a big mistake in not offering a freebie with the download of the service (Even better, I think they should've routinely been giving a freebie to keep people paying attention to the service). But I think they should've let the user select their free game here (Although at least it's a good one).

Edited by Atariboy

Meh.. All Capcom needs to do is release an "Ultimate" Classics Collection disc, housing all of the games from the previous two console CC releases, along with additional games that were left out before. I'd buy that in a heartbeat. Download-only though where they are probably going to charge at least $5 a pop (c'mon, it's Capcom we're talking about here)? No thanks.

While that's certainly what I'd prefer to see, I'm still willing to buy any interesting release here that wasn't already on those two compilations.

I imagine the chances are that it will be about as intriguing as the Capcom arcade releases on the Virtual Console where maybe half a dozen games appeared and then things stalled out. PSN doesn't exactly have a strong history with past programs like this which also doesn't bode well for its success (The TG16 and NeoGeo sections died almost as quickly as they appeared).

But hopefully at least a arcade game or two new to modern console's makes an appearance.

If you're not just specifically considering game's that weren't on CCC1/2, Mega Man: The Power Battle is actually on Mega Man Anniversary Collection. But I have a feeling you know that. :)

MMAC unfortunately didn't make it to Europe, hence their release with Arcade Cabinet would be their first official release for us :)

Also wouldn't mind seeing them gradually rerelease their 8/16 bit library of unlicensed classics on here

Well, they could've done that on the virtual console already. Gargoyle's Quest II, Demons Crest, SonSon 2, Streetfigter 2010, Mighty Final Fight, Sweet Home, etc, etc. There's tons of games that either require an arm and a leg to purchase or got never released at all. So many wasted opportunities...

I imagine the chances are that it will be about as intriguing as the Capcom arcade releases on the Virtual Console where maybe half a dozen games appeared and then things stalled out.

Yeah, that was a disaster on the Virtual Console. IIRC, they wanted $10 for various titles like 1942 and Ghosts 'n Goblins, which made little sense to me. For the same price of one game, a PS2 CCC release could be snagged, with 20 or so games. It was kind of asinine. Whatever they do here with the Arcade Cabinet, I do hope the pricing is better. I have confidence that it will be, but we can only wonder how much better until they announce the actual pricing scheme.

On a side note, I wonder if Capcom had full control over the pricing schemes of their arcade games via the VC service, or if maybe Nintendo had some stipulations in place that forced them to charge more for one reason or another.

Control with the Virtual Console is 100% with Nintendo. All a qualified publisher can do is submit content for consideration. Beyond that, it's out of their control.

Hopefully that changes on the Wii U's dedicated Virtual Console when that arrives one of these days. They seem to have realized their mistakes and are giving publisher's more say and control with the Wii U's eShop according to a few interviews I've seen with a couple of developers.

Well, they could've done that on the virtual console already. Gargoyle's Quest II, Demons Crest, SonSon 2, Streetfigter 2010, Mighty Final Fight, Sweet Home, etc, etc. There's tons of games that either require an arm and a leg to purchase or got never released at all. So many wasted opportunities...

They're publicly stated in interviews that they've submitted their entire set of unlicensed NES, Super Nintendo, and Genesis titles to Nintendo.

Sadly it's in Nintendo's court on it after that and they've done relatively little with it over the past few years.

Edited by Atariboy

• 3 weeks later...
Ghosts ‘N Goblins might be worth a download. Didn't that one and Ghouls'n Ghosts suffer from being too dark on Capcom Classics Collection Volume 1?

The ports that were taken straight from the PS1 Capcom Generation discs all had minor issues I think. The first five on the list got flawlessly emulated on the Wii already though.

Personally I'd say that GnG and SonSon are the best games listed so far, but again I'm quite happy with their Wii versions already. As of now I'd still keep my money and ignore CAC ;)

Apparently there'll be 10 packs á three games.

The first 5 packs for Japan (according to Famitsu) will be:

19.02.13 / 20.02.13

- Avengers

- Black Tiger

- Ghosts’n Goblins

- Gunsmoke

- Section Z

- Legendary Wings

- Side Arms

- Trojan

- Commando

- Exed Exes

- The Speed Rumbler

- Pirate Ship HigeMaru

- Sonson

Nothing new so far - albeit at least you get my personal favorites, Sonson and Pirate Ship Higemaru in one pack :)

With that lineup and plenty left from the 80's that they've rereleased in those two last gen compilations to continue selecting from, I think it's all but a sure thing that we won't be getting anything new.

I wish if they were going to regurgitate this stuff that they'd of at least combined both collections and released it at retail. Would be worth it then for the convenience, an improved experience on a HDTV, online leaderboards, and addressing any flaws in past emulation and ports.

Would be nice if they at least do something like several publishers have done with car packs for racing games where 1 car from each pack is made available for free in an attempt to promote purchasing the full car pack. I could go for some free Capcom arcade downloads. :)

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

With that lineup and plenty left from the 80's that they've rereleased in those two last gen compilations to continue selecting from, I think it's all but a sure thing that we won't be getting anything new.

Yeah, The PS2 collections had 42 games altogether. There's a couple on them they probably won't use for Arcade Cabinet like all the Street Fighter II variants, Final Fight & Magic Sword and Super G'n'G, but the ones remaining still make more than 30 games.