IGNORED

Capcom Arcade Cabinet (XBLA/PSN/...)

Cybergoth

Reading more about this, I don't think I'm even going to bother downloading the free game. It's essentually not a freebie but is instead just the demo mode for Pack 1 and the entirety of the app itself. As such you're bound to the usual XBLA demo limitations. No achievements, you're limited to a single credit, and I wouldn't be shocked if you can't even access every mode or select your own settings if past demos are any indication (And I highly doubt that local high scores will be saved and access to the online functionality will be open).

You can't even buy any games from Pack 1 individually because of this since for this demo to exist, Pack 1 has to be considered a package deal due to Microsoft rules. Too limited for me to consider it as anything but the demo that it is (Doesn't sound as limited on the PS3 so maybe I'll give it a shot over there).

If the entire deal of 17 games (You get two extra games that aren't yet known if you buy everything for the first five packs) that they're selling for $30 as a package ever goes on sale for 50% off during a XBLA sale, I think I'll bite. But that's the only way. Better yet, I'd give them $30 if I could get all 34 games (We know 17 are on the way here in five packs and have reason to believe that there are another five packs afterwards).

Also wouldn't shock me if you buy everything across all ten packs that you get a few additional extra games. 34 is just two shy of everything from those two console collections minus all the Street Fighter games and the SuperNes game Super Ghouls'n Ghost (I could see this and the original Street Fighter also being included but suspect Cybergoth is right that the SF2 content won't be included). Seems odd to rerelease so much of this and stop just shy of the end.

Edited by Atariboy

Also wouldn't shock me if you buy everything across all ten packs that you get a few additional extra games. 34 is just two shy of everything from those two console collections minus all the Street Fighter games and the SuperNes game Super Ghouls'n Ghost (I could see this and the original Street Fighter also being included but suspect Cybergoth is right that the SF2 content won't be included). Seems odd to rerelease so much of this and stop just shy of the end.

Just guessing here. SGNG is not an arcade machine and why put out another 4 inferior SFII variants when there's HD Remix available. Same Reasons for Magic Sword and Final Fight, that'd be just plain redundant with Double Impact ready to go.

I assume the bonus games are Vulgus (which is quite obviously missing) and 1943 Kai, which'd look kinda weird to sell separately from 1943.

I forgot that Magic Sword and Final Fight are out on XBLA. Those eliminations (Along with all the Street Fighter releases and the console game) get us to 34 games from Capcom Classics Collection 1/2 by my count.

Which makes me even more skeptical that the second wave of 17 will include anything new.

Edited by Atariboy

• 1 month later...

As someone who spent WAAAAY too much in the Xbox 360 Game Room, I may check this out. I had a lot of fun reliving the classics while collecting medals, earning achievements, decorating a virtual arcade and challenging friends. Plus, there are no paddle games to not work properly!

• 3 months later...

I'm not sure just what the deals all are, but there's a Capcom sale on the Xbox 360 marketplace right now. All of Capcom Arcade Cabinet can be purchased now for $15 which is a heck of a lot more reasonable than it was to start with.

I wonder what happened to the other five packs that appeared to be in the works that would've doubled the amount of games here. If they ever release those and toss all 10 packs onto a single disc, count me in even if there isn't a single game there that wasn't available already on CCC1/2.

But even at this price, I think I'll pass on this particular deal and stick with my Xbox collections.

Edited by Atariboy

• 3 years later...

Old topic I know, but saw there was a flash sale going on today , valid the next few days, on the PS3 store where you can get all the games (17) for like $7.50.

No clue if it's also available on the PS4 or will transfer over to the PS4, but at that price, I have to bite. Figured I share in case other folks still have a PS3 hooked up!

I wonder if the sale is on the Xbox side of things as well. They did the same thing there about a year ago and that's when I picked mine up (and it's one of the backwards compatible ones too). Good deal at that price.

Apparently it wasn't going on for a few days, but rather a few hours. I downloaded the hub portion of the game last night, and was going to purchase the game bundle today, but now it's gone. :(

The $7.50 price was part of the weekend flash sale... which ended this morning. I bought it last summer for the same price during a previous flash sale. Hopefully the discount will happen again at some point.

At $7.50 for the entire collection, it's not a bad compilation. Leaderboards, trophies, and lots of unlockable gallery items. I always play score attack at ultimate difficulty, which is usually one life in most of the games. Fun challenge to try for the trophies at insane difficulty.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick note that the Capcom Arcade Cabinet and all 17 games unlocked is around $7.50 on Xbox Live right now!

You have to buy the base game which is like $1.24 and the All in One pack is $6.24 Hurry Limited time!!

• Like 2

The all-in-one pack is on sale again?

I bought the base pack earlier tonight, but didn't think this was on sale again so soon (Was cheap a few weeks ago, too). But just grabbed it even though it's 2 AM on the day after their sale ended. Sure beats paying $30 or whatever it is when it's not on sale (The poorly named all-in-one pack, which isn't all you need despite the name, goes for $25 alone).

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1