IGNORED

Most graphically impressive 7800 title?

MmSadda

• 2 weeks later...

JACK TREMIEL IS TO BLAME FOR THE LACK OF PROMOTING HIS PRODUCTS.

LIKE SOME OF YOU SAID, YOU COULDN'T FIND MUCH OF A 7800 SELECTION IN STORES. SOME DIDN'T EVEN KNOW SOME OF THESE GAMES EXISTED AT THE TIME UNLESS YOU READ IT IN A MAGAZINE OR CATALOG...

SORRY TO BASH JACK (rest in peace) BUT WHO ELSES FAULT BUT THE OWNER HIMSELF................the 7800 sure wasn't any competition to ataris competitors like Sega and Nintendo at the time.......SOME PEOPLE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF ATARI 7800 DURING ITS RUN.........WHAT KIND OF BUSINESS AND MARKETING IS THAT?

Personally, I was impressed with Asteroids. I loved how you can see the craters on the asteroids, and how they would spin. Great effect.

Yeah, silly little details like that were always the coolest when you were a kid. I feel bad for modern kids. I thought things like craters on planets and paralax scrolling were minbd-blowing, and these kids are going to be blown away by what? Lens flare?

• Like 1

Missing In Action has great graphics. They really paid attention to detail in that one. Ex: on the stage with the boat, the people in the background working in the rice fields are animated. How many 7800 games had animated backgrounds? It's too bad the game has just a couple of bugs that keep you from being able to play straight through. It's almost complete. It would be great if someone with the necessary skills were to polish off those last couple issues.

I know its not what most would think of, but Robotron is just amazing on the 7800. It really is a great port. Think about the others of the time; Joust, Xevious, Donkey Kong, Jr., and Galaga were all done equal or better on other consoles, but none of the other major players from that generation had Robotron. Only knock were those darn controllers.

• Like 1

What are those graphics supposed to represent? Orange vomit soup?

Anyway, "Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest" looks nice.

Well Jinks its the only 7800 game to date with speech in it..title screen.. and some nice graphics in it.. Gameplay totally blows tho..

7800 Tower Toppler looks better than the NES version. NES couldn't handle the parallax submarine bonus stages and replaced them with something else.

Flickering colours and a failure to start up. It replaced the bonus stages, and the entire game, and every other game, with flickering colours. I think it works better if you blow on it; for a second anyway until someone bumps the system. Then you hold reset for a ten count. I thought the 7800 version was a lot better, what with graphics and gameplay.