Photo

What happens if I don't do the Wii U Day 1 update?

wii u nintendo internet wifi day 1 update day one update update wii

8 replies to this topic

#1 toptenmaterial OFFLINE  

toptenmaterial

River Patroller

• 4,757 posts

Posted Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:27 AM

I just filed my taxes, and anticipate getting a Wii U with my refund. I do not have internet at my house. I do have a friend with a stable wifi, but he has two toddlers who are very curious! So what happens if I just try to run the console right out of the box without an update? Thanks.

#2 jvgs OFFLINE  

jvgs

Star Raider

• 67 posts

Posted Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:46 AM

You can still play Wii U games, but you won't be able to access things like TVii. Also, you can't access Wii mode, so you won't be able to play Wii games until you update.

#3 Gemintronic OFFLINE  

Gemintronic

Jason S. - Lead Developer & CEO

• 9,314 posts

Posted Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:49 AM

Mario comes by with a lead pipe and offers to "fix" something in your house each day until you comply..

#4 MagitekAngel OFFLINE  

MagitekAngel

River Patroller

• 2,153 posts

Posted Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:53 AM

Your Wii U RRODs after a few hours of play.

#5 toptenmaterial OFFLINE  

toptenmaterial

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,757 posts

Posted Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:21 PM

Your Wii U RRODs after a few hours of play.

Really?

#6 MagitekAngel OFFLINE  

MagitekAngel

River Patroller

• 2,153 posts

Posted Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:23 PM

Nah. First reply sums it up.

#7 OldSchoolRetroGamer OFFLINE  

OldSchoolRetroGamer

Quadrunner

• 5,546 posts
  • aka MaximumRD !

Posted Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:47 PM

I just filed my taxes, and anticipate getting a Wii U with my refund. I do not have internet at my house. I do have a friend with a stable wifi, but he has two toddlers who are very curious! So what happens if I just try to run the console right out of the box without an update? Thanks.

I don't know, you really should attempt the update somehow, it is a pretty big update and oftentimes these things do several things in the background and make little bug fixes and improvements that may not be clearly stated. Also they tend to "prepare" the system for future updates, NINTENDO announced recently coming this spring and summer there will be two substantial updates I am betting you will require the o day update first. I could be wrong but I think it just might be more necessary than is apparent.

#8 Atariboy OFFLINE  

Atariboy

Quadrunner

• 7,747 posts
  • River Raider

Posted Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:54 PM

They've already shipped console's with this update installed. I've seen several people recently post about having Wii Mode and such available immediately.

#9 MagitekAngel OFFLINE  

MagitekAngel

River Patroller

• 2,153 posts

Posted Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:59 PM

I suppose if you had a smartphone and a generous data plan, you could science up a tether and get your updates that way.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wii u, nintendo, internet, wifi, day 1 update, day one update, update, wii

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users