IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 6 Round 3 poll

zylon

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these gets to go turd? (I mean third) ;)

• Astrochase
    • HERO
    • Pitfall!
    • Defender
    • Dig Dug

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Poll closes on Sunday, February 10th 2013 @ 9pm EST.

Also, use this thread to sign up for the (mini-season) OE 5200 HSC.

Only real 5200 consoles and controls allowed and only games from the 5200's time period. No modified or custom anything. Upgraded replacement parts allowed. Can you hack it "old skool" like it was really done? Sign up and pick your top 2 games.

The Willing:

sdamon

Gamer_X

zylon (Missile Command, Space Invaders)

darthkur (frogger II, Mario Bros)

roadrunner (Pitfall! II, Quintana Roo)

peedenmark7 (Zaxxon, Gyruss )

RangerG (super Breakout, )

tank (Ms. Pacman, Q*bert)

atariron82 (Buck Rogers, Mountain King)

Sonic R (Beamrider, K-razy Shootout)

Gamer_X (Kangaroo, QIX)

jblenkle

Edited by zylon

Will the mini season be at the end of season 6?

Will the mini season be at the end of season 6?

I would run it at the same time as Season 6. As selected games get chosen in the polls, you could play for both. The alternative is to run a separate round if the game chosen isn't a regular release. Players may feel free to chime in with ideas for me to consider.

I've been debating between running separate 1-week rounds for it or just letting the games come up in the polls and use the same rounds.

Edited by zylon

I think it would be better to have it after season 6

The players who play via emulation, there's other HSC's that they can play in until the OE mini season is over.

Just my thoughts.

I could do that as well. :ponder:

Another idea was to score all plays together, but track OE season points separately. Essentially, playing one game would count for 2 seasons if by a participating player.

Edited by zylon

I'm in for the OE season. Hoping that not all the games will require rapid fire skills on the old hand-crampers. :-)

I'm in for the OE season. Hoping that not all the games will require rapid fire skills on the old hand-crampers. :-)

Trackball would also be allowed as OE hardware.

I think it would be better to have it after season 6

The players who play via emulation, there's other HSC's that they can play in until the OE mini season is over.

Just my thoughts.

I'm in, but only if it runs after season 6... The knockouts during regular season & multi game rounds absorb enough time.

BATTLEZONE

ZAXXON

Edited by peedenmark7

I'm in, but only if it runs after season 6... The knockouts during regular season & multi game rounds absorb enough time.

BATTLEZONE

ZAXXON

Battlezone wasn't a regular release. Choose another title. :)

Very well, the mini-season will run after Season 6 concludes and will last 10 1 week rounds. The games chosen by the players will be in the polls for it, so not all games may get played. Running it after the regular season will also give players more time to acquire some real hardware and games.

Edited by zylon

I'm in for the OS rounds. Is is straight stock stick and trackball or do period correct controls count (like the Wico or Comp Pro)? Either way is fine, good idea. I vote the pack-in, SuperBreakout.

Only cx-52 and trackball unit would be allowed. the only exception to Atari-produced/sold items will be the games.

hello everyone... it's been a long time.. I've had alot go on in the past year, and hadn't had much time with game playing... most my stuff was packed up.. but things are calming down a bit and I've started to go through some of my things and hook up a few consoles and enjoy some games!!

I'd like to sign up for this OE thing!

I'll pick two games... Beamrider and K-Razy Shoot-Out

hello everyone... it's been a long time.. I've had alot go on in the past year, and hadn't had much time with game playing... most my stuff was packed up.. but things are calming down a bit and I've started to go through some of my things and hook up a few consoles and enjoy some games!!

I'd like to sign up for this OE thing!

I'll pick two games... Beamrider and K-Razy Shoot-Out

Also, everyone has the whole season 6 to find any games they don't presently own, as well as "tune-up" the ol' hardware. :)

I'm only 4 games from a full retail set!! one which I probably won't get for a long time (bounty bob), Frogger II (having a hard time finding), Star Wars arcade (I'll have it SOON), snd Quitana Roo (I had it but it was stolen and I'm having a hard time finding it)

I've just ordered Tempest so I'm looking to getting back to playing some 5200 again!!

I've had some life changing events go on which is why I kind of disappeared... but things are calming down and my 5200 is hooked up again :)