IGNORED

Favorite 2600 game?

Major Magnavox

Kaboom! I've played it for hundreds of hours and still have not mastered it. I've done some amazing things on it like scoring over 700 points on level 8 with only one bucket left, but I guess if I were really good I would never get down to one bucket. :)

Edited by Atarian7
  • Like 3

If I had to just live with 1 Atari 2600 game for the rest of my life, I guess i'd have to go with Haunted House. Simply because it was one of the few games that I remember playing that actually provoked a certain mood. (Creepiness, of course.) To this day, every time October rolls around, I get in the mood to turn off all the lights and play Haunted House. :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

After all these years I still have to say it's HERO.

HERO,

A great title for 2600... lots to discover in that game, had a much better time with it, then playing Pitfall II.

A lot of people love Pitfall II, I didn't like it, prefer the original or playing HERO, but, I did enjoy Pitfall II some when I used the map... and even then it was kinda repetitious, lacking in challenge (can't lose in this game) but heavy on patience, it's about accuracy with ladders, bats, frogs, and more ladders especially near the end.

However ... I think it's a good game, and a smart creative change from the first. I prefer losing lives and swinging on vines over a bunch of ladder climbing and checkpoints tossing me back, THOUGH... save spots I think is a GOOD idea for a game like that.

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

HERO,

A great title for 2600... lots to discover in that game, had a much better time with it, then playing Pitfall II.

A lot of people love Pitfall II, I didn't like it, prefer the original or playing HERO, but, I did enjoy Pitfall II some when I used the map... and even then it was kinda repetitious, lacking in challenge (can't lose in this game) but heavy on patience, it's about accuracy with ladders, bats, frogs, and more ladders especially near the end.

However ... I think it's a good game, and a smart creative change from the first. I prefer losing lives and swinging on vines over a bunch of ladder climbing and checkpoints tossing me back, THOUGH... save spots I think is a GOOD idea for a game like that.

Activision games were a blast I loved most of them....Pitfall II was ok but I never really played it much after beating it.

Ahh...I must say the competitions on Megamania were great, we used to get together on weekends in the mid 80's to try and beat each others score in it. I remember getting so good in it I would flip it and keep playing.

• Like 2

Activision games were a blast I loved most of them....Pitfall II was ok but I never really played it much after beating it.

Ahh...I must say the competitions on Megamania were great, we used to get together on weekends in the mid 80's to try and beat each others score in it. I remember getting so good in it I would flip it and keep playing.

Oh yeah that sounds fun... 80's, friends and Atari. :)

Megamania is fun, I almost flipped it once... takes some gaming stamina.

HERO,

A lot of people love Pitfall II, I didn't like it, prefer the original or playing HERO, .

I felt the same way after playing Pitfall II,looks good but played like an utter pig.I am trying to recall now wether it is a bat or bird that flies at you on the second or third screen and it took an age to pass it as I could not get under it,when I did finally pass I became infuriated with being sent back to a checkpoint

If there has not yet been a 'most aggravating A2600 game thread' Pitfall II is my nomination lol

Edited by R.O.T.S
  • Like 1