IGNORED

Has anybody ever see these Aquarius schematics?

Aquaman

On the The Mattel Aquarius F.A.Q.

Version Aqua.01 - August 2000

Created by Fred Horvat

There is mentioning of several items under Documentation like;

1 Aquarius II alternate Character Generator Select schematic

1 Aquarius II expand (extra 16 keys) schematic

Did anybody ever see these and maybe share them with us?

I haven't seen either of them, but I'm intrigued, especially by the "Character Generator Select schematic." I'm still thinking about my "SuperFont" solution, but I'd be curious to see something of Mattel/Radofin's original plans for solving the problem of alternate character sets on the Aquarius. I wonder if they were thinking only of additional character sets, or of reprogrammable characters.

I haven't seen either of them, but I'm intrigued, especially by the "Character Generator Select schematic." I'm still thinking about my "SuperFont" solution, but I'd be curious to see something of Mattel/Radofin's original plans for solving the problem of alternate character sets on the Aquarius. I wonder if they were thinking only of additional character sets, or of reprogrammable characters.

That's what I was wondering as well. Maybe somebody knows how to contact Fred Horvat (the initial writer of these F.A.Q.) to see how this information about the existence of the schematics came to him?

• 2 months later...
Unfortunately no response I guess?

That FAQ seems to have "changed hands" a few times, and there are lots of old versions floating around, so I'm not sure who's maintaining it these days.

I'd take the information contained in it with a grain of salt, anyway: the last time I skimmed through it, I found several errors.

That FAQ seems to have "changed hands" a few times, and there are lots of old versions floating around, so I'm not sure who's maintaining it these days.

I'd take the information contained in it with a grain of salt, anyway: the last time I skimmed through it, I found several errors.

I think our best hopes would be Fred Horvat if he is still somewhere to be reached. He probably put that part in and knows how that information got to him!

• 6 years later...
On 2/8/2013 at 6:27 PM, Gemintronic said:

I just emailed the maintainer of that F.A.Q. about tracking down the current rights holders of Aquarius stuff. If I actually get a response I'll let you know.

Could this be the Fred Horvat we are looking for? https://twitter.com/fmhcom 

Maybe someone has a twitter account to reach and ask him?