Now with youtube video. Captured from my 7800 with s-video mod. The choppiness is due to the frame-rate conversion.
This was originally a fairly quick edit of Choplifter!, but became a little more detailed. Here's a list of changes:
- Shortened the tanks & added more shading
- Changed HUD graphic (Wings and Instrument Panel) and added text DEAD, LOAD, & SAFE
- Removed strange protrusion from heads of hostage sprites & edited running animation
- Added some detail to the Mines & reduced their width by 2 pixels
- Added shading to the windows of the HQ building
- Added a second color to the clouds
- Added shading to the power lines
- Added a bit more shading to the buildings
- Changed title screen colors & added 2nd color
- Changed sky color from 88 to 98
- Lightened color of hostages' skin from 30 to 36
- Changed ground color from E8 to F9
- Changed Airplane colors from greens to grays (left blue alone)
- Tweaked landing pad from EE to 2E
Here is the final version with an instrument panel HUD originally by Defender_2600 and adapted to this (Thanks Marco!):
Choplifter (HUD).a78 32.13KB 308 downloads
Choplifter (HUD).bin 32KB 279 downloads
And the final version with rescue wings for the status bar:
Choplifter (Wings).a78 32.13KB 284 downloads
Choplifter (Wings).bin 32KB 267 downloads
And a couple screenshots of the original so you can see most of the updates.
Here's a bookmark file for Hex Workshop. Not all colors are bookmarked -- only the ones I was interested in changing, but there are quite a few for you to play around with.
Choplifter a78 (HW Bookmark).zip 484bytes 284 downloads
Edited by KevinMos3, Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:12 PM.