IGNORED

The Microsoft wireless steering wheel-is it good, or junk?...

ataridave

I found one in a thrift shop for ~$20. I wanted really hard to like it, but it's just not much good. I was so unhappy with it that I just stopped playing Forza. It was a pretty rough shock realizing that I was going to need a $350 wheel to enjoy the game. Especially since I have a rather nice wheel that the game doesn't support.

IMO the force feedback was weak and lazy, but the worst part was the poor support for it in forza 4 which could have found better ways around its lock-to-lock limits. If you're coming from something like the Fanatec Speedster 3 (xbox1 wheel) or another non-feedback wheel, it might be an upgrade.

Never have been a big racing fan. I sold my mint, unopened Dreamcast wheel about a year ago, just because it was taking up space and I had never used it!!

That said..If you're a huge racing fan, I'd take Reaperman's opinion over just about anyone here on AA. He knows what he's talking about when it comes to racing games!!

Just my 2 cents.

From my understanding the original 360 wireless wheel is one of the best peripherals made.

It's a cheap wheel and pedal set. If it has that reputation, it's completely undeserved.

Everything is plastic, the force feedback quality is rough, the quality of the buttons, d-pad, and shifters are poor and failure prone, it's noisy and doesn't turn as smoothly as it should, and it has several common issues sometimes right out of the box. The guide button is known activate itself at times (Which is a killer when that problem develops after a few hours of use if you have any intention of utilizing it during online races) and the wheel often isn't centered.

Mine had to be held slightly to the right or left (I forget which) to go straight from day 1. Far from an isolated problem judging by how common I saw that issue be brought up at forums.

Edited by Atariboy