IGNORED

Atari 8-bit computer hacks

Atarius Maximus

I've been browsing around and posting on the AA forums for over a decade now, spending most of my time in either the bB forum or the Atari 2600 hacks & homebew forums. I grew up with a 2600 and a Commodore 64 and never paid much attention to the Atari 8-bit computers (and never knew anyone that owned one as a kid), but recently bought an sio2sd to use with the old 800xl I bought on ebay 10 years ago that was never used, and downloaded tons of games including about 60 hacks that are almost all based on infinite lives. I've had a blast playing with the hacks, especially the infinite lives Jumpman Junior which has always been punishingly hard for me. I also spent a great deal of time with the infinite lives hack of Bruce Lee, which I loved as a kid but never actually beat. I absolutely love the sio2sd for gaming compared to my C64 with the uIEC, loading games is incredibly fast and I'm finding myself actually spending more time playing games with the sio2sd rather than trying to find old games that will actually work with the uIEC. I haven't actually searched or browsed much yet on AA on this topic, but I noticed there is no dedicated "hacks" forum for Atari 8-bit games. Are there lots of hacks out there that I'm missing? I love the infinite lives hacks. With the limited time I have to actually play, I love being able to get to higher levels of the old games that I've never seen before. :)

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Fast Eddie Hacked to Bubsy Bobcat

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/271763-bubsy-for-the-atari-400800xlxe/

And the 5200 conversion:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/271921-bubsy-for-the-atari-5200/

Atari 800/XL/XE

Bubsy Manual.pdf

Bubsy.atr

Bubsy0 R3.bin

Bubsy0 R4-HS.bin Holiday Special

Atari 5200

Bubsy0 5200 R2.bin

Bubsy0 5200 R3-HS.bin Holiday Special

------------------------------

A lot of people think Bubsy started on Atari (really the SNES and then Genesis) so .... sure... why not! Here we have it folks...

BUBSY : Kitt'N Kaboodle

post-4709-0-13431900-1509896231.png

HOLIDAY SPECIAL

post-4709-0-06818400-1514108101.png

This fun hack of Fast Eddie was made possible by Hack-O-Matic 3 and some coloring by KevinMos3 who has already made many good color hacks for Atari 2600 games.

The Woolies are at it again stealing Bubsy's stuff and this time they stole EVERYTHING and stored it on the planet Kaboodle!!! Bubsy will need to JUMP OVER the Woolies to get it all back. In the game you'll see objects Bubsy needs to collect on based on items he collected in...

Bubsy: Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind.

Bubsy 2

Bubsy Fractured Furry Tales

Bubsy 3D

Bubsy 3D: Bubsy Visits the James Turrell Respective

And even the newest which came out recently that I'm enjoying...

post-4709-0-05297000-1509896206.png

Bubsy: Woolies Strike Back.

This was originally started on the Atari VCS/2600 and since the code for Fast Eddie for the 2600 and 400/800 were very similar I converted the sprites over.

First stage with all the graphical work done on the 2600 is was easy to convert over the sprites for the characters (Bubsy, Woolies), the prize sprites, and number fonts. The background code for the ladders is different so for now the ladders are the same.

Edited by doctorclu

• 2 weeks later...

Miner 2049er with all alternative movement frames complete

Summary of Sprite Hack Revisions and Latest Download!

ATARI 5200

Original sprites, different colors

Miner2049er 5200 USA! USA!.bin

ATARI 800

Original sprites, different colors

Miner 2049er USA! USA! 02.rom

Alternative Sprite-Miner

Miner 2049er AS01-Beard.rom

Miner 2049er AS01-Beard 02.rom

Miner 2049er 03 LEFT RIGHT.rom

Miner 2049er AS03 FR03-Blue Beard HAT.rom

Miner 2049er AS03 FR03-Blue Beard.rom

Miner 2049er AS04 Jump.rom

Miner 2049er AS05 CLIMB.rom

Miner 2049er AS06.rom

* Sprite Clean up - Doctor Clu Version (legs and feet attached)

Miner 2049er AS07.rom <-- LATEST VERSION

* Sprite Clean up - TIX version (legs and feet detached)

Edited by doctorclu