IGNORED

New homebrew called "Rocketeer"

GroovyBee

First of all, what a great surprise! I was having a bit of a crappy day and then I stumbled on to this coolness. :) I'm certainly in for a couple of copies.

I'm glad it put a smile on your face.

Let me wonder aloud for a moment but I'm always of the mind that games should be boxed so is there any chance that Marc or Willy could make a box and/or manual for these naked carts? Also could PBoland possibly produce overlays?

I know collectors love all the bells and whistles of a CIB release but for this game it'll just be a cart.

Excellent to hear you're also working on other INTV items! Yay!

The Inty is a really nice machine to code for.

Thanks for the compliments and interest in the game so far. I'm glad its announcement was a surprise to some people :D. I've been saying I'll get back into Inty coding for a while and after setting myself a goal last year of releasing a homebrew Inty game on cart I thought I'd better just "Do it!".

It's probably too late in this games development cycle, but, I think INTV homebrewers should seriously consider making an example game based off of P-Machinery. Hopefully, that would help more beginners to take the plunge.

Good idea. This game has quite a few moving objects that interact differently depending on what and where they are so I think a general purpose framework wouldn't be the best approach in this instance.

It's probably too late in this games development cycle, but, I think INTV homebrewers should seriously consider making an example game based off of P-Machinery. Hopefully, that would help more beginners to take the plunge.

Stay tuned! I'm working on P-Machinery 2.0, which will include a full features framework and development library. I plan on making my next game with it, and offer it as an example.

dZ.

• Like 1

Good idea. This game has quite a few moving objects that interact differently depending on what and where they are so I think a general purpose framework wouldn't be the best approach in this instance.

No worries. That version only offers a basic skeleton and game event loop; you still need to handle objects yourself.

The next version will include a sprite driver and all, but will let you switch to use your own. It will offer a standard API for events so you don't have to be beholden to its limitation.

Plus, more importantly, you'll have source to modify as you need. :)

dZ.

GroovyBee: Since you seem to already be accepting pre-orders for the game, is there a chance that you can either make a demo ROM file available or at least provide a video (or possibly both) so that we can get an idea of what the game-play is like before ordering?

Yep! I'm planning to put out a taster ROM next week.