1654 replies to this topic

#1626 GroovyBee OFFLINE  

GroovyBee

Games Developer

• Topic Starter
  • 9,736 posts
  • Busy bee!

Posted Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:33 AM

I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. LOCUSTS! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!

(j/k, bro)

:lol:

#1627 intellivotion ONLINE  

intellivotion

River Patroller

• 2,224 posts
  • Time Zone Traveller

Posted Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:46 AM

apart from jokes, what an incredible job! I hardly believe it's an Intellivision game

#1628 -^CrožBow^- OFFLINE  

-^CrožBow^-

Quadrunner

• 5,332 posts
  • Collector of Fine Atari and Sega Antiquities!

Posted Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:19 AM

I understand others have pre-paid for this game already, but I wasn't privy to it back then to have done so. Despite this, I do plan to buy a copy of this when it becomes available. It looks amazing!

#1629 Kiwi ONLINE  

Kiwi

Stargunner

• 1,411 posts

Posted Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:08 PM

I'm still really impressed and it was worth waiting for.  I felt that there was a lot of work into this game. I wasn't really paying a lot of attention since there's many other things in life that I can pay attention too.  So, I'm happy to preorder this game.

In a few months the cartridge with this game will come in a baggy full of goodies(J/K[hmm it could happen :ponder: ]) and I'll stuff this game into my Coleco Chameleon err I mean the Intellivision Master Component's cartridge slot and play this game. 

#1630 JasonlikesINTV OFFLINE  

JasonlikesINTV

Quadrunner

• 8,461 posts

Posted Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:26 PM

I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. LOCUSTS! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!

(j/k, bro)

#1631 DZ-Jay OFFLINE  

DZ-Jay

Quadrunner

• 9,969 posts
  • Triple-Stripe Mo' Bro

Posted Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:35 AM

Just a slight correction to your description: its the MOBs that are in background mode and not the text.  The font is always drawn in the foreground colour (using colour stack mode) on the HSC league table screen.

Although the additional technical detail is welcomed, I believe he meant that from a less technical perspective:  The text is drawn on the BACKTAB (i.e., the screen background) but it's the MOBs that appear behind them.  In other words, the first assumption people made on seeing it is that the floating text in the foreground must be MOBs, but they are in fact "drawn in the background" as it were.

Anyway, clever trick indeed, and very impressive in practice. :thumbsup:

-dZ.

#1632 DZ-Jay OFFLINE  

DZ-Jay

Quadrunner

• 9,969 posts
  • Triple-Stripe Mo' Bro

Posted Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:36 AM

(j/k, bro)

So... the dog didn't eat his homework?  Then where is it?? :lol:

-dZ.

#1633 WaveRider1970 OFFLINE  

WaveRider1970

Chopper Commander

• 100 posts

Posted Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:15 PM

Amazing. Seems more playable than Space Hawk.

Hope that you will have enough xtra copies. Pre-orders closed 4 year ago. I was not even collecting at that time and there is a lot of new comers since.

Cheers

#1634 GroovyBee OFFLINE  

GroovyBee

Games Developer

• Topic Starter
  • 9,736 posts
  • Busy bee!

Posted Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:50 AM

Amazing. Seems more playable than Space Hawk.

Thanks for the compliments.

Hope that you will have enough xtra copies.

Don't worry, there will be more than enough copies to go around.

#1635 Humblejack OFFLINE  

Humblejack

Moonsweeper

• 304 posts

Posted Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:56 AM

This is great stuff, please put me down for one when the time comes to ship. 

#1636 GenetixJ OFFLINE  

GenetixJ

Moonsweeper

• 375 posts
  • 8-bit pharmacy

Posted Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:52 PM

Wow! I wasn't here for preorder, but put me down for one as soon as they're available.

#1637 ho11ywood885 OFFLINE  

ho11ywood885

Space Invader

• 26 posts
  • Member of the Intellivision Brotherhood

Posted Wed May 3, 2017 7:05 PM

Groovy, I hadn't known about this game till I heard about it on the latest Intellivisionaries podcast. It looks absolutely gorgeous and I would like to be on the list for this one if you have any left. Thanks! 

#1638 GroovyBee OFFLINE  

GroovyBee

Games Developer

• Topic Starter
  • 9,736 posts
  • Busy bee!

Posted Thu May 4, 2017 2:30 AM

Groovy, I hadn't known about this game till I heard about it on the latest Intellivisionaries podcast. It looks absolutely gorgeous and I would like to be on the list for this one if you have any left. Thanks! 

Thanks for the compliment. Although the pre-order is closed, there will be plenty of copies to go around when the game ships.

#1639 imstarryeyed OFFLINE  

imstarryeyed

Moonsweeper

• 310 posts

Posted Thu May 4, 2017 11:44 AM

Wow that game looks amazing and looks like a lot of fun!   I am looking forward to buying it when it comes out myself!

Thank you for all of the hard work over all of these years!  It looks like all of that work will really be worth it!

#1640 sramirez2008 OFFLINE  

sramirez2008

Stargunner

• 1,890 posts
  • Stella Foreva

Posted Sat May 20, 2017 8:00 AM

Thanks for the compliment. Although the pre-order is closed, there will be plenty of copies to go around when the game ships.

I don't care how long it takes for this to complete, I can't wait to buy a copy!  Nice to know that there will be plenty available. :thumbsup:

#1641 AtariBrian OFFLINE  

AtariBrian

River Patroller

• 3,289 posts

Posted Sat May 20, 2017 8:09 AM

Did the testing get finished ?

#1642 intellivotion ONLINE  

intellivotion

River Patroller

• 2,224 posts
  • Time Zone Traveller

Posted Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:36 AM

any chance to see and play a demo of this on physical cart at the PRGE?

#1643 BBWW OFFLINE  

BBWW

River Patroller

• 2,943 posts
  • If it is not fun move away slowly.

Posted Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:52 PM

Could be a chance.....and a few other things as well.

any chance to see and play a demo of this on physical cart at the PRGE?

#1644 Eric7100 OFFLINE  

Eric7100

River Patroller

• 3,180 posts

Posted Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:12 PM

I hope Hatman's boxes will debut there as well.

#1645 Fushek OFFLINE  

Fushek

Stargunner

• 1,528 posts
  • Actively Seeking Spiker!

Posted Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:02 AM

Has anyone heard from Groovy?  I PM'd him a couple of times over the past month and a half, no response, and he hasn't posted anything since then either.  Hope everything is OK!?

#1646 Fushek OFFLINE  

Fushek

Stargunner

• 1,528 posts
  • Actively Seeking Spiker!

Posted Wed Sep 6, 2017 6:37 AM

It's been three months since I requested a refund for this game (and Mars Minis) from Groovy.  I haven't heard from him in that time and my messages show as Not Read.  Not trying to be "that guy" but after three months and no response I'm wondering if ANYONE has heard from him?

#1647 stupus OFFLINE  

stupus

Stargunner

• 1,542 posts
  • pixel obcessed yeti

Posted Wed Sep 6, 2017 6:49 AM

Stop complaining and just get a refund....oh wait....uh-oh!
;)

#1648 DZ-Jay OFFLINE  

DZ-Jay

Quadrunner

• 9,969 posts
  • Triple-Stripe Mo' Bro

Posted Wed Sep 6, 2017 8:10 AM

It's been three months since I requested a refund for this game (and Mars Minis) from Groovy.  I haven't heard from him in that time and my messages show as Not Read.  Not trying to be "that guy" but after three months and no response I'm wondering if ANYONE has heard from him?

GroovyBee has gone missing for a while, and some of us are worried for his health.

As attested by his past performance, I'm sure he would have given you a refund immediately if he were around.

I really hope he is doing OK; there are more important things in the world than video games.

dZ.

#1649 Kiwi ONLINE  

Kiwi

Stargunner

• 1,411 posts

Posted Wed Sep 6, 2017 8:25 AM

GroovyBee has gone missing for a while, and some of us are worried for his health.

As attested by his past performance, I'm sure he would have given you a refund immediately if he were around.

I really hope he is doing OK; there are more important things in the world than video games.

dZ.

I'm worried too.  Hopefully he's alright. 

#1650 JoeM_Intellivision OFFLINE  

JoeM_Intellivision

Stargunner

• 1,193 posts

Posted Wed Sep 6, 2017 8:29 AM

Coincidently, I requested a refund from GroovyBee this week and have not heard back from him either. As some of you know I'm in money raising mode for bills and after 4 1/2 years simply want a refund and will consider it interest free working capital and will support the games when and if they come out. Hopefully those that want a refund will get it.

As for you dZ, I didn't realize you were the mouthpiece of GroovyBee and certainly don't need you to tell me or anyone else that there are more important things in life than video games - no s**t sherlock. Health, actually keeping your word, etc...

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By Rev in revolutionika's Blog, on Thu Mar 9, 2017 10:22 AM

Source: New homebrew called "Rocketeer"

Read Full Entry and Comments →

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users