IGNORED

US Dept. Homeland Security Destroys Shrink-wrapped Games

Smitty

I received a package from Venezuela and US Department Of Homeland Security boxed cut and ripped apart two shrink-wrapped MotoRodeo games, see enclosed picture of one of them.

Has this happened to anyone else, Is FedEx responsible, or am I Sh*t out of luck?

post-26-0-53262900-1361916205_thumb.jpg

I received a package from Venezuela and US Department Of Homeland Security boxed cut and ripped apart two shrink-wrapped MotoRodeo games, see enclosed picture of one of them.

Has this happened to anyone else, Is FedEx responsible, or am I Sh*t out of luck?

If it was US Department Of Homeland Security, then they are responsible, no?

The one time I had customs open a package, they resealed it with tape that clearly stated, "INSPECTED BY US CUSTOMS" or something along those lines. This was for an entire pallet of game controllers shipped from Europe, and they only opened one case. And they didn't even open an individual box, just opened a case, saw foot pedal controllers, and resealed it. I've never had an individual package opened and I've received quite a few foreign packages over the years! Probably nothing from Venezuela, though, and I bet the fact that they aren't exactly friendly to the US has something to do with it.

..Al

• Like 2

In order to have a valid claim, you must have claimed the ACTUAL value of the item on the customs form...seeing as most people don't do this with retro games that have a modest price tag, you may have some troubles there. (reason folks don't do that, is because they don't want to pay duties on the item on top of the sale price...causing the cost of the item to be well above the market value).

• Like 1

I've gotten several games from Venezuela, and have never had any trouble. That is, apart from waiting roughly 1,103 months after ordering the item to receive it. :P But they've always shown up with no trouble, shrinkwrapped and perfect.

That completely sucks that some hosebib fartface ripped your game a new one. Grrr.

• Like 1

Shipments from Venezuela really seem to be hit and miss: the items I've bought from edintv have always arrived in excellent condition, carefully individually wrapped inside the box, and without any signs of having been interfered with en route. I think it has a lot to do with how well the items are packed by the seller. Perhaps it's more tempting to tamper with items that have just been thrown into a box.

If two members here have had this happen with packages coming from Venezuela, it must be a somewhat common practice. IntellivionDude, I watched your video and you said something to the effect that the customs agents were sloppy. I'm guessing they intentionally opened the box to see the contents, otherwise there's really no point in them opening packages. It is disgusting that this is done, and that they can do so without any repercussions, all in the name of the "War on Drugs". I'd be very hesitant to purchase any expensive boxed items from Venezuela, that's for damn sure!

..Al