IGNORED

Lynx HSC 2013 Round 3 Rygar

roadrunner

Thanks for playing and welcome to Atariage. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome. :) Unfortunately I had no lives left when I got to level 23 and the giant Thundercat at the end caught me by surprise after I hit him a few times, so I didn't get to finish the game. Oh, and the other version I played was the Sega Master system version, running on the Amiga through AmiMasterGear. I should have taken the photo after I finished playing!

What does it matter if the NES version doesn't keep score? The side challenge is to *play* another version. Not get a hi score in another version.

That's true but the version's that keep score it's easier to list all the high scores in the first post like this.

Side challenge -

36,090 roadrunner (Arcade/MAME)

34,750 NIKON (Sharp X68000)

33,370 jblenkle (Arcade/MAME)

200 Rebel (Master System)

I don't think I've ever played Rygar before. Definitely heard of it, but not played. Not sure how the Lynx version compares to the arcade or other ports. Are there any bosses though? I haven't encountered one yet.

I didn't see any bosses. Just a giant bat that i had to get by when i climbed up a long rope.

I'm not sure if that was a boss or not.

Actually, if you're quick about it, you can eliminate the giant bat or whatever it is before you climb the rope...makes it a lot easier...

I didn't see any bosses. Just a giant bat that i had to get by when i climbed up a long rope.

I'm not sure if that was a boss or not.

• Like 1

Yeah, probably...but I'm not sure what I picked up...case in point...my last game I was at about 130,000....and next time I looked I was over 300,000...I've been meaning to go look at the directions to see if I can figure what gives you massive point totals...

It might be the items you pick up, some items add bonus points.

Yeah, probably...but I'm not sure what I picked up...case in point...my last game I was at about 130,000....and next time I looked I was over 300,000...I've been meaning to go look at the directions to see if I can figure what gives you massive point totals...

There's a link to the directions at the bottom of the first post in this thread. ;)

Ah, thanks..totally missed that...and I think that answers my question...there is one thing you pick up that as long as you keep it (i.e. - you don't get killed)...it doubles your points...

and finding a "?" can give you up to 75,000 bonus points

There's a link to the directions at the bottom of the first post in this thread. ;)

Edited by jblenkle