IGNORED

Can no get ATR files to boot , Side 2 + ultimate 1mb

marialisar

Oh and one more thing...

Since I do not have SIDE 2, I can not test... but I'm 100% sure that it is impossible to make it compatible with EVERY software. Some software simply does not want to be loaded through PBI vector. But I'm pretty sure this is also a very small amount.

On my BlackBox there are also titles that still need to be run from real floppy, and on MyIDE there are also still titles that do not run.

Hmm I know the feeling where you are disappointed when something you bought does not do what you expected. There must be going something wrong somewhere. Give it some time.

One thing I don't understand. When I read your first post, I read that a lot of things work fine.

You also tell us that build quality is great, and that the cart looks amazing.

How in the world is it then possible that you are overall VERY disappointed.

Key features do work great right? The thing you want to do is a feature that is still in BETA development phase, and original SIDE doesn't even have this feature.

MyIDE took over 10 years to work decent... and still MyBIOS is suffering from bugs.

That's not a problem, on that side of the world is also still development.

I think support of Candle, Lotharek, FJC, and others (like stryker in SIC thread) is great, and helpful. I am sure they will help you, so please provide more information. I think they are REALLY interested in specific exemples of games that do not work on your setup.

It can only get better when you give that info.

Not described as beta on lotharek's site

if you see the description videos of side 2,

mounting atrs is part of the "standard"showing

if i had known all i would get was an exe loader + pretty much beta everything else, i should have not bought it,

and the v3 beta version ultimate rom needed for atrs to work can not be modded to add mybios slots yet,

so if i continue testing side ,

i will not be able to use myide 2 to its full potential :?

Why am I not surprised that this culminated in a MYIDE plug? If it works reasonably satisfactorily for 95 per cent of the users and not for you, consider there might be a problem with installation, usage, or hardware. These are thirty year old machines. If you don't want to be bothered with troubleshooting, consider using a PC instead. Blaming software written by people who develop it ostensibly free of charge isn't going to bring out my helpful side, I'll tell you that.

Do you want to work with people to rectify these problems, or just use the issues as justification for criticising the software?

Why am I not surprised that this culminated in a MYIDE plug? If it works reasonably satisfactorily for 95 per cent of the users and not for you, consider there might be a problem with installation, usage, or hardware. These are thirty year old machines. If you don't want to be bothered with troubleshooting, consider using a PC instead. Blaming software written by people who develop it ostensibly free of charge isn't going to bring out my helpful side, I'll tell you that.

Do you want to work with people to rectify these problems, or just use the issues as justification for criticising the software?

given time i'm sure it will work great,

just found the presentation videos misleading

and i'm pretty sure people on ebay will feel the same way, MY fault!

given time i'm sure it will work great,

It works now - but not for you, it seems. The videos show the hardware and software working as designed (although I had no hand in making the videos).

And Marius is right: if you have a problem, help us to understand it and work it out. But it seems that isn't the objective here...

Edited by flashjazzcat

It works now - but not for you, it seems. The videos show the hardware and software working as designed (although I had no hand in making the videos).

And Marius is right: if you have a problem, help us to understand it and work it out. But it seems that isn't the objective here...

will flash another ultimate-equipped 130 xe with the beta v3 exclusively to test side 2 intensively in a few days

right now i just need to use my XEGS as told...

i'm very sorry ,

don't want to trash Side 2 at all, really want to love it !

Candle's work is amazing, and Ultimate 1 mbs are the best thing to appear for the A8 since the A8 itself !! :)

bought one for each A8 i have!!!!