IGNORED

Forum upgrade time again!

Albert

Like I said, the whole tool bar doesn't show anymore. So there is no button I could click.

I haven't changed anything on the forum, and the editor seems to be working fine for me. Can you take a screenshot? What browser are you using? Do you have Javascript enabled?

..Al

I haven't changed anything on the forum, and the editor seems to be working fine for me. Can you take a screenshot? What browser are you using? Do you have Javascript enabled?

I made it work again by masking Opera as IE, reloading everything, and then switching back to Opera.

I suppose some browser switch in the forum software doesn't work 100% correctly.

I made it work again by masking Opera as IE, reloading everything, and then switching back to Opera.

I suppose some browser switch in the forum software doesn't work 100% correctly.

This sounds like an issue with your browser and not the forum. I don't understand what you mean by "browser switch"?

..Al

This sounds like an issue with your browser and not the forum. I don't understand what you mean by "browser switch"?

The browser detection switch most websites use(d) to support incompatibilities between certain browsers (especially older IE versions).

Maybe there was a cookie stored or something like that. Because just clearing all caches didn't help. Only temporarily changing the browser masking in Opera did. I will try tonight at home with Opera again.

Anyway, problems seems solved now. That was really annoying.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

Like I said, the whole tool bar doesn't show anymore. So there is no button I could click.

I wasn't sure if you meant that it was totally missing or if you meant that everything on the toolbar was disabled (causing the toolbar to become a useless ghostly block of nothingness).

Nothing changed on the forum between the time you started experiencing problems and they went away.

I suppose the forum software saves some data based on my account, no? So when I solved the problem at my office, this data got somehow corrected and caused the browser to work at home, too.

Or do you have a better explanation?

That's one less browser with weird quirks that developers have to code to. Especially making up such a small percentage of users.

Quirks? Opera has been for years the only browser to gain 100% ratings in standard compatibility tests (fortunately most other, popular browsers have been improved now, even IE). The only problem were the other browsers who were incompatible and made Opera look like it had quirks. But actually the opposite was true 99%.

I won't have time to continue this until early next week. I'm attending the Texas Pinball Festival this weekend and don't want to make a major change to the forum right before I disappear. I probably have about 2-3 hours left of work on the skin before I can update the live site.

..Al

Ultima or forum upgrade. What to do, what to do? :)

Ahhh you temptress.

I've needed to do the forum upgrade for a while and it's a large and glaring item on my "To Do" list, so I'm going to take care of that. Next is an upgrade for the store (actually, completely different software), and then I can play some more Ultima. :)

..Al