IGNORED

FS: Common Atari 2600 Games $1 Each + Shipping

Jeremy Popp

Can you AV mod it by chance?

Sent from my non beer holding hand.

I actually bought an AV mod kit from ebay which I installed on my other unit. Unfortunately, I thought the quality was so sub-par that I decided I'm not going to mod the Intellivision unless I come up with a better mod. Basically, the RF output looking far superior to the AV mod - it made all the colors overly bright and washed out. If you know of a good mod kit, I would gladly install it, but that would raise the cost for certain.

• 4 weeks later...

Declaring interest in the 7800, but could you post screenshots please? A few would be great... Wouldn't mind seeing how Commando's title screen looks, a pic of 1st level and a pic of 2600 Pac-Man to show off your 820ohm mod. :grin:

Like to see how the red/green score bar look in a 2-player game as well as the maze.

Declaring interest in the 7800, but could you post screenshots please? A few would be great... Wouldn't mind seeing how Commando's title screen looks, a pic of 1st level and a pic of 2600 Pac-Man to show off your 820ohm mod. :grin:

Like to see how the red/green score bar look in a 2-player game as well as the maze.

I don't have Commando for 7800, my collection is quite small consisting of Ms. Pacman, Choplifter, Pole Position II, One on One and Donkey Kong Jr. I do however have Pacman for 2600 as well as 100+ other carts. I'll see if I can get some screenshots up tonight.

I don't have Commando for 7800, my collection is quite small consisting of Ms. Pacman, Choplifter, Pole Position II, One on One and Donkey Kong Jr. I do however have Pacman for 2600 as well as 100+ other carts. I'll see if I can get some screenshots up tonight.

Okay, Ms. Pac, Choplifter or DK Jr. would do too, thanks!

Nice 7800. I did all those good mod things to mine, except the resistor for richer color.

Not interested, just commenting on mods.

Can you believe my power switch, (I replaced all of them), is starting to give me problems now only after a few years!??

I like to turn it off and back on slowly. Sometimes it kills the Harmony Cart operation and I have to reflash the Harmony. When the power switch is problematic, pressing it can have the system power on, off, on off, on quickly.

It could just be the hardware on my Harmony Cartridge. One time it happened loading a DPC+ 2600 game from a Heavy Sixer. It just went into the "spinning ying/yang of specialness" and wouldn't work until I re-flashed it.

Okay, Ms. Pac, Choplifter or DK Jr. would do too, thanks!

Check the first posting, it has screenshots from my 52" plasma flatscreen. The images still don't to it justice, the colors are richer in real life, my camera seems to wash them out. Also, it looks best on a CRT obviously, but I couldn't get good screenshots from the CRT

Nice 7800. I did all those good mod things to mine, except the resistor for richer color.

Not interested, just commenting on mods.

Can you believe my power switch, (I replaced all of them), is starting to give me problems now only after a few years!??

I like to turn it off and back on slowly. Sometimes it kills the Harmony Cart operation and I have to reflash the Harmony. When the power switch is problematic, pressing it can have the system power on, off, on off, on quickly.

It could just be the hardware on my Harmony Cartridge. One time it happened loading a DPC+ 2600 game from a Heavy Sixer. It just went into the "spinning ying/yang of specialness" and wouldn't work until I re-flashed it.

The resistor is the same running change atari introduced in the 4 switch models, honestly I think 2600 games look better than 7800 games color-wise. Yeah, sounds like your power switch is failing again, strange. All the switches in this unit did not function when I got it, but $2 and a little solder solved that problem.

Amazingly cheap price. Should sell quick.

Yeah, i figured with the crack, cosmetically it would be less desirable. Also, maybe I underestimated it's value, but doesn't bother me.

Edited by Jeremy Popp
  • Like 1

Check the first posting, it has screenshots from my 52" plasma flatscreen. The images still don't to it justice, the colors are richer in real life, my camera seems to wash them out. Also, it looks best on a CRT obviously, but I couldn't get good screenshots from the CRT

The resistor is the same running change atari introduced in the 4 switch models, honestly I think 2600 games look better than 7800 games color-wise. Yeah, sounds like your power switch is failing again, strange. All the switches in this unit did not function when I got it, but $2 and a little solder solved that problem.

Yeah, i figured with the crack, cosmetically it would be less desirable. Also, maybe I underestimated it's value, but doesn't bother me.

I didn't notice the part about the crack but $50 is still a decent price none the less.

I didn't notice the part about the crack but $50 is still a decent price none the less.

so ... difficult ... not .. to ... post ... jokes

on a serious note, great price for the modded 7800! Thanks to Jeremy Popp for offering such as great deal.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Happen to know the VA of the model 1 HDG Genny?

I opened it up and for the life of me cannot find the VA number anywhere. Full disclosure, I had to replace a controller port on this unit, and the reset switch failed so I replaced it with a microswitch. Everything works great though.

Hmm... is should have been printed next to where you see :"IC BD M5 USA" but since you stated it does have TMSS yet I see it also has the expansion port, I'm going to guess it is a VA6, that just means it isn't a VA7 and that is really what I wanted to know.

So..I'll take it?!

Will send you a PM to get details. Thanks!

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...