IGNORED

Gate Racer with High Score saving on Atarivox/SaveKey

Atarius Maximus

Sorry, my response was more directed to Atarius Maximus, in that there might be something wrong in how the Savekey data is being initialized/saved. Manually deleting the savekey file shouldn't be necessary, and indeed on the real thing is impossible.

Thanks Stephen, that is entirely possible. I'll review the code and make sure it's implemented correctly.

7:03.7 !

Whaou ! That motivates me to do a better score. But you forget your son with 8:33.

For your strategy, I approve. I have the same ^^

I know my son got an 8:33, but that was a pre-release version that had a problem with the oil slick. It always appeared in the same place and was still the much smaller "ball" instead of the current larger sprite. I also increased the difficulty of the game since he played. I'm not going to tell him (he doesn't read the AA forums :) ) but I'm not going to count his high score because of the changes I made.

Revision 'i' should be the final version barring any bugs found. It's attached to first post in this thread.

:arrow: Fixed savekey initialization issue (thanks again to RevEng)

:arrow: Added permanent savekey location for real hardware at my assigned location (I used $0640, $0650 and $0660)

:arrow: Holding the joystick up and pressing the game select switch on the title screen will clear out the current high score

:arrow: Hitting oil slick now has the same behavior with velocity controls turned on or off

:arrow: The oil slick now resets to top after a crash

:arrow: Hitting the oil slick now produces a skidding sound

:arrow: One other important note about saving: The high score does not save until you press the fire button after a crash.

• Like 1

Sorry, my response was more directed to Atarius Maximus, in that there might be something wrong in how the Savekey data is being initialized/saved. Manually deleting the savekey file shouldn't be necessary, and indeed on the real thing is impossible.

I was initializing the first memory location three times rather than the three separate locations I should have been. :|

• 3 months later...