IGNORED

ColecoVision Steering Wheel with power cord mod $69

Yurkie

2 Sold. I have one more of these. It is not often that I get a damaged Roller Controller with an excellent condition donor cord and an excellent condition Steering Wheel to put together and make one of these up.

I made a few of these a couple years ago and was looking thru my stuff and decided to sell this excellent condition super clean modded steering wheel. I am including a tested and working Turbo cartridge. $69 + shipping.

This connects to the power supply and the console like the roller controller and you don't need to use batteries. It will however work with batteries also if you wanted to use it that way.

Here is a link to an old thread from a couple years back when I first did this mod.

http://www.atariage....ntroller-cable/

post-23318-0-71141300-1363290160_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yurkie

I made a few of these a couple years ago and was looking thru my stuff and decided to sell this excellent condition super clean modded steering wheel. I am including a tested and working Turbo cartridge. $69 + shipping.

This connects to the power supply and the console like the roller controller and you don't need to use batteries. It will however work with batteries also if you wanted to use it that way.

Here is a link to an old thread from a couple years back when I first did this mod.

http://www.atariage....ntroller-cable/

Photo is actual item

Nice!! I would have definately bought it from you if I hadn't invested in some of those power batteries that you can plug in so that you don't have to use real batteries.

Nice!! I would have definately bought it from you if I hadn't invested in some of those power batteries that you can plug in so that you don't have to use real batteries.

What are "power batteries"? I hadn't heard of those before. Are they D cell/C cell equivalents that you can use in any device that needs them? Very curious to learn more about these, as I'm tired of always having to buy new D/C batteries because my kids leave their toys on.

What are "power batteries"? I hadn't heard of those before. Are they D cell/C cell equivalents that you can use in any device that needs them? Very curious to learn more about these, as I'm tired of always having to buy new D/C batteries because my kids leave their toys on.

I think if you search perma - cell batteries that you will find them. They were C batteries with a power cord designed for those coleco stand alone miniture arcade games. they happen to also work for the driving module which has made them more popular and more expensive. They usually sell for around 50 bucks. Unless it is a toy that they wouldn't be moving around like an arcade game I don't think they would help you very much.

Sorry it was called Perma Power. Here is a picture link.

http://www.google.co...QEwBQ&dur=10672

Corrected link.

Here a better picture with description of the Perma-Power Battery Eliminator. While it's a good alternative to expensive batteries, I consider Yurkie's modification with the Roller Controller cord to be the best option, HANDS DOWN! If we all didn't know better, you would think that Coleco made the Driving Module like this.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to attach the pic.

post-25956-0-92349400-1363310579_thumb.jpg

Edited by NIAD

I made a similar mod for my steering wheel and didn't need to destroy a Roller controller to do it... any 5V-6V DC power supply will work, cut the original tip off and solder on an atari style tip (radio shack), drill a small hole on the back of the driving module for the corresponding atari style jack (radio shack) and install in the case... the jack wires up with only 2 solder points.

Walla, no more batteries... total cost about 5 bucks (because I hoard power packs and had one on hand) -- yes you need to use a wall outlet.