IGNORED

New AtGames Joysticks and Paddles are back in stock

tremoloman2006

Are these a good substitute for the real thing? Also, has anybody ever used the CirKa products? https://www.amazon.com/CirKa-Atari-2600-Premium-Joystick-Controller/dp/B01M188I0X/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1487277263&sr=8-8&keywords=cirka

The joysticks I have are all a bit flaky so I was looking to spend a few bucks and get up and running with 2 good sticks. Options being considered are these Atgames ones, the CirKa ones linked above, and refurbishing the ones I have with the kit from Best Electronics.

I don't know about the CirKa products, but the Atgames sticks feel real odd compared to the original CX40. The throw is long, stick feels loose and is unnatural feeling comparatively. Don't get me wrong, glad they exist and they're certainly better than an old worn out stick, but there's better choices to be had.

Am familiar with the cheapie Chinese knockoffs usually sold in pairs on eBay and they unsurprisingly, feel like crap.

I'd wholeheartedly recommend refurbishing your old ones with Best parts. Have done so with nearly all of mine now and couldn't be happier. Bet you'll love the crisp tactile feeling of them once done and besides the gold boards, don't forget to order new red buttons and the actual white stick itself. Maybe even new rubber boots if yours are bad too. Can get a little pricey refurbishing, but it's worth it. :love:

Or can just purchase new sticks from Best. While they're not as nice feeling as refurbishing old, they're better than most of the new stuff being produced today.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Read the reviews these are beyond junk.

Tons of used paddles you can clean the pots on them and anythings better than a joystick that lasts for 5 minutes.

The plastic is supposed to break on the sticks almost the first time you try it.

Do the ice skating event on winter games and see if it lasts.