IGNORED

Redemption Island - Round #3 - AD&D Tarmin (return round)

Waking up in the middle of the night, you find a wierd maze that you are trapped in, with Eye Balls marking entrances and exits from the interior of the maze, Wierd Power doors that won't open without a fight, and ladders without anyway to find a way out, just to plummet further and further into it's depths... Yes, there's lovely gold, silver and platinum lying around, and you can be rich, IF YOU CAN EVER FIND A WAY OUT ALIVE!

All play must be done on hardest difficulty (disc/enter start) (Life starts at 12/6), and a picture at the END is required to show the level. WINNER OF THIS WEEK'S REDEMPTION ISLAND RETURNS TO THE MAIN TOURNAMENT!!!

Scores will be accepted until Sunday, March 31st, at Midnight Central time.

Remaining Players: * Bold = subject to elimination * FINAL - Top 2 advanced back to main game *

1. felson42 - 370
  2. INTVDude - 180
  3. BriceZ - 0
  4. skosh - 0

Edited by cparsley
  • Like 2

I know nothing about this game. Pretty hardcore starting a game like this off on the hardest difficulty. Especially never playing it before. But i read the manual a few times and after trial and error and some luck i got my first decent score. Didn't get to the Minataur i don't think. But some creature that looked kind of like him killed me. lol

post-25251-0-76889000-1363903245_thumb.jpg

Edited by IntellivisionDude
  • Like 1

I know nothing about this game. Pretty hardcore starting a game like this off on the hardest difficulty. Especially never playing it before. But i read the manual a few times and after trial and error and some luck i got my first decent score. Didn't get to the Minataur i don't think. But some creature that looked kind of like him killed me. lol

post-25251-0-76889000-1363903245_thumb.jpg

It's a new game for me too... Well, all Intellivision games are new to me since I started last year. :P

I'm really enjoying this game, (Thank you very much, ghsqb! That was a great gift! :thumbsup: )

I'm planning to finish the game in easy and medium for practice.

• Like 1

It's a new game for me too... Well, all Intellivision games are new to me since I started last year. :P

I'm really enjoying this game, (Thank you very much, ghsqb! That was a great gift! :thumbsup: )

I'm planning to finish the game in easy and medium for practice.

All i'll say is, i'm glad i'm not competing against you this round. ;)

Well, it took quite a bit of time, but I've gotten a fairly nice score I think. I had gotten deeper in the dungeon on a previous playthrough, and had a nice score, but I ran into a monster that actually made me drop everything in my pack, and all my treasure, and transported me to some random spot in the maze! That was just EVIL. Luckily in this playthrough I didn't run into anything like that.

Definitely a fun game. Just took a bit of a learning curve, but the youtube video and the manual helped.

post-35077-136452738491_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ok I've got to ask. What's up with the enemies in this game that zap all your stuff? I was doing great and had a treasure score of 840 after playing a couple of hours. Then I ran into an enemy and instead of killing me it zapped me to another place in the dungeon and wiped out everything in my pack and set my treasure score to zero! What's up with that? So after 2 hours and thinking I'm going to have a great score I ended up with nothing. Has that ever happened to any of you? Was a really fun game up until that point.

Ok I've got to ask. What's up with the enemies in this game that zap all your stuff? I was doing great and had a treasure score of 840 after playing a couple of hours. Then I ran into an enemy and instead of killing me it zapped me to another place in the dungeon and wiped out everything in my pack and set my treasure score to zero! What's up with that? So after 2 hours and thinking I'm going to have a great score I ended up with nothing. Has that ever happened to any of you? Was a really fun game up until that point.

Hey Felson,

I understand what happened to you. You got "respawned". Since the objective of the game is to kill the minotaur and not to accumulate loot then in later levels the game gives you the "chance" to continue instead of being killed. When this happens you lose your bag/loot and get teletransported to somewhere else in the maze.

Respawning is quite annoying if you are going for high scores (which is not the original purpose of the game). I have been respawned several times in the same game which is quite frustrating if you have spent hours playing and trying to build up loot. In other words, you lose your loot and your bag but you get to keep what you are wearing on you (armour, rings and the items on both your hands).

Sometimes I am not carrying with me valuable pick ups like the magic books (tele transportation, wall vision, etc.) or higher keys so as to avoid loosing them in case I get respawned. I simply leave them on the floor in a place that is easy to access and pick them up before leaving the level. Do not forget to pick them up before leaving the level though!!!!

As Oscar has pointed out for me, the goal is to make it out of the maze alive, being reincarnated / respawned is the maze's evil mischievious way of going you thought you could take death as an easy way out? Hahaha, nope!

MMM... Perhaps all is happening in a dream... ;)

Edited by Oscar G.

Even death is no escape. Now that's hardcore!

I was on a roll when I played yesterday. My treasure was up to 840 largely because I found keys of each color and an invisibility book. So on levels 6 and 7 before I got zapped on level 8 I was able to clean up on treasure. Then I met the wrong enemy and in 2 shots I got zapped back to having zero treasure.