IGNORED

KillBotz! - Homebrew

GroovyBee

I think my Inty collection shall be only homebrews!

Not a bad thing.

My Coleco collection has only homebrews (Donkey Kong and Smurf as well).

My 2600 collection is basicly only homebrews plus the ones I had when I was child.

I just couldn't resist the Intellivision...

Well, to be honest, I'm going for a complete atari 7800 too. But that's cheap in comparison.

• Like 1

Not a bad thing.

My Coleco collection has only homebrews (Donkey Kong and Smurf as well).

My 2600 collection is basicly only homebrews plus the ones I had when I was child.

I just couldn't resist the Intellivision...

Well, to be honest, I'm going for a complete atari 7800 too. But that's cheap in comparison.

I'm actually thinking about doing 5200 and 7800.

I know the number of games isn't too high, but what are the prices like for the hardest to find games?

I think on the 5200 it's Bounty Bob isn't it?

Not sure what it is on 7800...tank wars?

Edited by ghsqb

I'm actually thinking about doing 5200 and 7800.

I know the number of games isn't too high, but what are the prices like for the hardest to find games?

I think on the 5200 it's Bounty Bob isn't it?

Not sure what it is on 7800...tank wars?

I don't know about the 5200...

For the 7800, Tank Command is the more expensive and it's maximum would be around 500 dollars.

I'm waiting for this hacked Tank Command. I expressed my interest in this thread.

Yes, that's an even cheaper way to complete your collection. And considering I didn't play the game when it was released, I prefer the hacked one...

BTW, if GroovyBee wanted to hack some old Intellivision games to work better with the controller, as DZ-Jay did with Christmas Carol, I certainly would prefer the hacked/improved ones.

• Like 1

Groovy are you still releasing Apple Snaffle and the Zelda-esque game for Intellivision at some point?

Yep! The 7800 XM versions will be out first. I don't have a release schedule for the Inty versions at the moment. It'll just be a case of "as and when".

Whats about Pong? I know there is Paddly Party this year, but I also want a damn simple version of Pong. Black screen, white lines and just one sound effect (maybe two if the return is slightly different). Maybe its not the most beautiful game, but its the best multiplayer game alltime. Add a challenging AI to the multiplayer and my most wished game is ready to go.

• Like 1

Whats about Pong? I know there is Paddly Party this year, but I also want a damn simple version of Pong. Black screen, white lines and just one sound effect (maybe two if the return is slightly different). Maybe its not the most beautiful game, but its the best multiplayer game alltime. Add a challenging AI to the multiplayer and my most wished game is ready to go.

i am a black and white pong-in-a-chip loving fool. if someone could recreate that it would be awesome as hell to me. :) i cant find anything that emulates the ay3-8500 except a pc program. i want to play in an emu on my wii

Joe made a pong version years ago. The source code is on this forum somewhere.

post-14916-0-13910900-1364792586_thumb.png

I made a "TV Tennis" game called "Intellipongola" which added real spins.

post-14916-0-12130100-1364792617_thumb.png

You can find it at:

http://atariage.com/... intellipongola

People said that a "TV Tennis" game wasn't interesting enough to justify a cart version, so the project evolved into "Paddle Party".

Catsfolly

People said that a "TV Tennis" game wasn't interesting enough to justify a cart version, so the project evolved into "Paddle Party".

Is there a chance you can put a oldschool mode on the cart? I dont know if its possible, but if I got it right, there are at least two different game modes, maybe you can ad the primitive and coolest version of the game as a goodie? I am no developer, maybe its impossible or very hard, but it would be awesome to see Pong on the Intellivision like it was in the 1970s

Edit: It would be even funnier if KillRobotz has a oldschool-Pong mode :lol: Seriously, I cant await to use my IntelliVoice for that game, hopefully there will be many more Voice-Games in the future.

Edited by Ignorama

it would be awesome to see Pong on the Intellivision like it was in the 1970s

exactly! no pong compares to the 4+secret handicapped mode pong that was made in a gazillion brand systems in the 70's using the ay3-8500 pong-in-a-chip. however it also needs a computer player option added to it in all modes except playing single player handball. also 2 paddle sizes. 2 speed modes a must too. @catsfolly: i do love the animations you added like the net getting pulled out. adds a little extra to the game. Edited by pimpmaul69

exactly! no pong compares to the 4+secret handicapped mode pong that was made in a gazillion brand systems in the 70's using the ay3-8500 pong-in-a-chip. however it also needs a computer player option added to it in all modes except playing single player handball. also 2 paddle sizes. 2 speed modes a must too. @catsfolly: i do love the animations you added like the net getting pulled out. adds a little extra to the game.

Okay, know I think I'm starting to understand what you want.

See, even though people refer to the ay3-8500 as "pong-on-a-chip", "Pong" is a trademark of Atari, and should legally only be used for games made by Atari, which didn't use the ay3-8500 chip.

GI called the ay3-8500 chip the "Ball and Paddle" chip. It sounds like you want a game that works exactly like that chip, rather than a version of the "Pong" arcade game or one of Atari's home "Pong" versions....

In any case, I think we should stop hijacking GroovyBee's thread, and make our own discussion somewhere else...

Catsfolly

I don't know about the 5200...

For the 7800, Tank Command is the more expensive and it's maximum would be around 500 dollars.

I'm waiting for this hacked Tank Command. I expressed my interest in this thread.

Yes, that's an even cheaper way to complete your collection. And considering I didn't play the game when it was released, I prefer the hacked one...

BTW, if GroovyBee wanted to hack some old Intellivision games to work better with the controller, as DZ-Jay did with Christmas Carol, I certainly would prefer the hacked/improved ones.

Bounty Bob is the rarest on the 5200.