IGNORED

KillBotz! - Homebrew

GroovyBee

Although it looks like Robotron it won't play like it. Nonner and I are still deciding what will be in the game. Hopefully, there will be some updates at the end of the week.

This game looks really cool. I know you stated it won't play like Robotron, but maybe the controller could be held sideways (more like a joy pad) and the firing buttons would be the on the key pad. Of course that would only allow for 8 way firing and you would have to program the game so the controller works sideways. That might through some people off. Just a idea. Awesome work, can't wait to see more.

• Like 1

This game looks really cool. I know you stated it won't play like Robotron, but maybe the controller could be held sideways (more like a joy pad) and the firing buttons would be the on the key pad. Of course that would only allow for 8 way firing and you would have to program the game so the controller works sideways. That might through some people off. Just a idea. Awesome work, can't wait to see more.

Good idea! I hadn't thought of that. I'll implement it and see how it works out.

Good idea! I hadn't thought of that. I'll implement it and see how it works out.

Cool! I was looking at the INTV controller last night and I was wondering if it would be possible in your game (if you go with the sideways control layout) to choose left or right orientation?

Side thought: Looking back at a couple of your animated screen shots, your game has kind of a Berzerk/Robotron (if you go with the sideways control layout) type feel. Why not put a little Tempest in there too. I was thinking specifically the "super zapper". If you go with the keypad firing layout, you could make the keypad number that is in the middle of the firing pattern a "super bomb" or "super zapper". Of course that might need to be limited to only 3 or so per game. Or mayde they can be earned via points or something. Now, the game would have a Berzerk/Robotron/Tempest feel. That would make for a very unique game play experience.

Can't wait to hear how the sideways controller works out.

Groovy, I know that you don't typically do overlays, but you have an opportunity to break new ground here ...

(Drum roll please ...)

An Inty first, a landscape overlay :D

• Like 2

Groovy, I know that you don't typically do overlays, but you have an opportunity to break new ground here ...

(Drum roll please ...)

An Inty first, a landscape overlay :D

But then one would have to find someone that can make overlays. ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...