IGNORED

Colecovision Skill Level 3 Challenge

Jeez. In viewing the forums and seeing the other topics for high scores, I'm impressed with the Centipede players around here. I've never been good at Centipede; in fact, my best score in Centipede is a perfectly flat 13,000 points, and that was on the easiest difficulty level! Seeing some of you players hitting nearly 30,000 on skill 3... impressive!

I had to look up my high score after seeing your screen shot.

My high score (from 30 years ago!) was 186405 Level 7 Screen 3 Difficulty 1.

Can't get anywhere near that now! To old and the reflexes just don't cut it!

Good score BTW!.

Jeff

I once got to level 8 on Q*Bert on skill difficulty 1. No matter what difficulty you're on, the game really starts to get difficult around level 5. Once you reach level 5, you need so many things to be timed just right and work in your favor. I rarely ever reach level 7 or 8, but I almost always reach 5 and sometimes reach 6. It's pretty much hit-or-miss once you reach level 5.

On skill difficulty 3, I hit 130,490 points recently in Q*Bert.

CeIbwBAWoAAbl87.jpg

I had to look up my high score after seeing your screen shot.

My high score (from 30 years ago!) was 186405 Level 7 Screen 3 Difficulty 1.

Can't get anywhere near that now! To old and the reflexes just don't cut it!

Good score BTW!.

Jeff

EDIT: WTF? Why was my reply inside of the quoted section? You'd think it would automatically be outside of where I quoted you. Oh well, here goes...

I wish I knew what my score was when I reached level 8 back then. Q*Bert's movements are ridiculously fast at that point! If memory serves me correctly, the super-fast movements start on level 6. While I do not know what my score was back then, I can say that it was because I was just concerned with seeing how high a level I could reach back then, and I can also say I only reached that on difficulty 1.

It's amazing what a significant difference upping the difficulty makes, even by just one level. In Burgertime, I easily get over a million points on difficulty 1, but I only got a little over 228,000 pts. the other day on difficulty 2.

Edited by DuggerVideoGames

• 5 years later...