IGNORED

Tempest's New New Game Room

Tempest

Yep it's true, I completely redesigned my game room yet again in an attempt to squeeze even more systems in. However this time I'm really happy with the way everything turned out and I doubt I'll majorly overhaul it again. So without further ado, here are some pictures of my 'New New' game room. :)

The entryway. Note the mugs up on the little shelf to the left, I don't know why I never thought about putting things up there before. The little Pac-Man poster is from an exhibition of Atari 2600 memorabilia in Germany.

NNGR_1.jpg

This is the view from the entryway.

NNGR_2.jpg

This is a shot of the wall immediately to the left. Note the Atari Advantage poster and some Coleco Mini-Arcades.

NNGR_3.jpg

Turning around and taking a shot of the entryway Those bookcases contain my Saturn, Sega CD, PS2, GC, PS3, 360, PSX, and PSP games.

NNGR_4.jpg

A shot of the bookcase to the left. Here are all my Atari 8-bit, 5200, and 7800 boxes.

NNGR_5.jpg

Moving down the wall we come to my two entertainment centers. The one on the left is for my Neo-Classic systems and the one on the right is for my modern systems.

NNGR_6.jpg

Here's a better close up of my Neo Classic area. From top to bottom: Jaguar, 3DO, XBox, NES, 7800, empty shelf where my Turbo Duo goes, SNES, N64, Dreamcast, Saturn, Sega Genesis/CD, and Neo Geo CD. The SMS is on top of the TV. The TV is actually a giant VGA monitor and most of my systems are hooked up to it using RGB to VGA adapters. It really works quite well.

NNGR_20.jpg

Here's a close up of the modern game systems. From top to bottom: PS3, Xbox 360, Gamecube, PS1, PS2, Wii, and at the bottom (barely visible) is my Laseractive.

NNGR_21.jpg

On the wall to the left we have my DOS box, SV-328, TRS-80 Model III, and my Coleco Adam.

NNGR_7.jpg

Moving further down we have my Apple IIgs, Amiga 2000, and Macintosh Classic.

NNGR_8.jpg

Here's a picture of the left wall that contains my personal computer and my Vectrex. You can also see my DECO cassette cab. Note the Berzerk figures on the heating duct.

NNGR_9.jpg

Turning left again we have my C64, TI-99, and MSX2+ (on the shelf underneath). Next to that we have my Atari 800. Note the Dragon's Lair poster, this one is an original that I got at the Midwest Gaming Classic.

NNGR_10.jpg

Here's a better shot of the systems. You can see the Intellivision and the 5200 below the Atari 800.

NNGR_23.jpg

This is the little storage corridor in the corner. I decided to put my extra posters in here in an attempt to liven it up a little.

NNGR_11.jpg

Here is the bookcase with all my Apple II/IIgs games.

NNGR_12.jpg

Some of the marquees I have on the I-Beam that goes across the room. I put my glass marquees on this since it can support their weight (they won't stick on walls as they're too heavy).

NNGR_13.jpg

More marquees. I picked up the Xevious at the Midwest Gaming Classic.

NNGR_14.jpg

Here's the other side. Jungle Hunt is also a new addition.

NNGR_15.jpg

More marquees. Robby Roto is pretty rare from what I understand.

NNGR_16.jpg

And some more. You can see the Cloak & Dagger marquee on the wall.

NNGR_17.jpg

Here are some posters in the far corner. The After Burner poster is actually for the SMS, I don't recall seeing one before.

NNGR_18.jpg

This is the side of the desk that has my Atari 800. You can see The Map Room at Dawn painted by our very own Aimee Dingman and my Sam & Max poster (love those games). The bookcase contains games for several systems including the PCjr, Adam, and Lynx.

NNGR_19.jpg

A better shot of the posters in the far corner. I really have no idea where the Nintendo ones came from, but I think they're cool.

NNGR_22.jpg

My Ultima V poster on the side of my DECO cab.

NNGR_24.jpg

And a final shot of all three Star Wars posters above my computer.

NNGR_25.jpg

• Like 5

I was getting kinda worried with all the stuff you've been selling off. I guess I shouldn't be after seeing all this :)

I'm trying to work up the gumption to change my place into a Bachelor Arcade. Meaning, Arcade enough yet easy to pack up and move. This kind of action gives me hope for my own projects.

Holy crap man, I love your walls the most, games and systems look great, and dig the collection of Atari boxes, but my GOD, those walls, you made perfect use of every inch, the arcade marquees where there wasn't room for posters is something I hadn't though of, I don't see why I didn't, but I didn't, LOVE IT. I'm honestly not as large an Atari fan as most here, maybe my age, maybe not, but I will say early age arcade marquees were THE BEST, and have got to get a few for my living room. Your collection is really inspirational thank you for sharing.

Holy crap man, I love your walls the most, games and systems look great, and dig the collection of Atari boxes, but my GOD, those walls, you made perfect use of every inch, the arcade marquees where there wasn't room for posters is something I hadn't though of, I don't see why I didn't, but I didn't, LOVE IT. I'm honestly not as large an Atari fan as most here, maybe my age, maybe not, but I will say early age arcade marquees were THE BEST, and have got to get a few for my living room. Your collection is really inspirational thank you for sharing.

That was my goal. I was trying to hide the ugly concrete basement walls. They're just so cold, they make the room look like a dungeon.

Holy crap! Now I don't feel so bad, I have hardly anything compared to you.

My favorite bit is the "Stargate: Atari VCS Computer" poster. I've never seen anything like that and it seems so out of the ordinary look for VCS/2600 stuff. And the redundancy is so odd to me. Is that an original, or something newer, or...?

It's an authentic poster. Best Electronics used to have them a long time ago. It's metallic and kind of strange. Incidentally the Computer part of that poster is referring to the unreleased 8-bit port as there's a / in there separating the two.

• Like 1

what's that room with all those monitors on the shelf

That's where my stuff that I don't have setup is stored. Mostly extra monitors and peripherals, but I also have my VideoBrain. Arcadia 2001, Astrocade, Macintosh G3 and G4, Pong units, Mega STE, and other systems in there. I think I condensed it all down into 5 of those shelving units. I didn't take pictures of that stuff because it's mostly all in generic boxes and didn't think anyone would care.