IGNORED

I am having a new plexi made for a centuri phoenix cocktail...

Godzilla

Yes, the glass top.

This is what I am reverse printing on the underside of the plexi.

http://arcadeartwork.org/picture.php?/6493/category/35

and I can print white behind the whole thing (so it is opaque,) or I can just print lc lm c m y k... (translucent...) I'm leaning towards opaque, but I am curious as to what it was originally...

The Taito Phoenix cocktail, like my Lunar Rescue, has a satin black underlay applied directly to the glass with some cutouts for the instruction cards. I'm not sure if Taito put white on the back of the black underlay. I've heard that the underlays are a bit difficult to remove! If I knew how to replace mine, I would, since Taito cocktail underlays get bubbly and mottled from the sun and machine heat over time. This is similar to Actiplaque on Activision carts for the 2600.

I have no idea about the Centuri cocktails. I can see why you found one in Florida, since they were based in Hialeah. That underlay you found will look great on it!

Make sure to post it here or on Arcade-Museum (KLOV) when you're done! Looking forward to seeing it.

I went with opaque :) It looks awesome. It's a many layered print :-) reverse full color (twice,) a layer of solid white then a layer of solid black with adhesive vinyl over the back of the entire print to protect the ink.

new monitor too. Original, working amstar roms from phoenix arizona :-)

post-1570-0-07833700-1365966109_thumb.jpg

Edited by Godzilla
  • Like 1