IGNORED

Xbox 360 controller question

schuwalker

I recently picked up a 360 system. Been a long time coming!

Question for you guys... I'm familiar w/ the system after playing my dad's on several occasions. Love the system BUT the controllers especially the shoulder buttons. One thing I find really annoying is the top

buttons where there is hardly any clearance. Meaning, sometimes you have to press harder than normal to get the appropriate response. The last one my dad purchased was perfect! You actually had a little play

on the top buttons and heard even a click!

Well the controller I got w/ my system is one of the crappy models I described in the first sentence. Grrr.....

Does anybody else have this issue? Are these controllers really that hit and miss? I like everything else about the controller - just not those damn shoulder buttons!

so we're clear on terminology... you have the triggers (LT and RT). you have the bumpers (RB and LB). you have the face buttons (A, B, X, Y). you have the analog sticks. and you have the D-pad (directional pad). you have the back and start buttons. and lastly, you have the Xbox Guide button in the middle (the big X).

your bumpers should click. I'd say that the controller's worn out if it doesn't click and you have to press hard. you shouldn't have to press hard at all. is this a new controller or a used one?

so we're clear on terminology... you have the triggers (LT and RT). you have the bumpers (RB and LB). you have the face buttons (A, B, X, Y). you have the analog sticks. and you have the D-pad (directional pad). you have the back and start buttons. and lastly, you have the Xbox Guide button in the middle (the big X).

your bumpers should click. I'd say that the controller's worn out if it doesn't click and you have to press hard. you shouldn't have to press hard at all. is this a new controller or a used one?

Sorry for the late replay.... its the RB and LB buttons - notably the LB. It's not the first time I have encountered this issue.

BTW: it's new

yeah, if it's new, you should exchange it. I still have the same 3 original 360 controllers from way back when. got a black one that came with the 360 Elite. and then had 2 white ones (one from the 360 Arcade console and one from the 360 Wireless Controller for Windows kit).

they all still play great. though on my black controller, a lot of Call of Duty gaming has made the clicking down on the left stick loose (clicking down on the stick initiates sprint). which means nitro in Saints Row 2/3 is now terrible for me because I'm always accidentally activating nitro which is the reason I left nitro off my vehicles.

yeah, if it's new, you should exchange it. I still have the same 3 original 360 controllers from way back when. got a black one that came with the 360 Elite. and then had 2 white ones (one from the 360 Arcade console and one from the 360 Wireless Controller for Windows kit).

they all still play great. though on my black controller, a lot of Call of Duty gaming has made the clicking down on the left stick loose (clicking down on the stick initiates sprint). which means nitro in Saints Row 2/3 is now terrible for me because I'm always accidentally activating nitro which is the reason I left nitro off my vehicles.

Man. The sticks on mine slowly got crappier and crappier. Though I'll admit a couple of them had, umm, accidents. I don't have any of my originals anymore.

If anyone happens to have a spare rechargeable battery pack, I need a new one. Mine no longer holds a charge.

I'd just avoid buying them online because a lot of those are new old stock which also don't hold a charge because they sat around too long. I just went ahead and purchased Sanyo Eneloop batteries instead.

Anyone know if they make a wired Xbox 360 controller with the new d-pad?

Not that I am aware of. As far as I know the wired controller sold still have the old one piece pad, not sure why.

I'll second the statement NOT to buy the batteries online. I bought a two pack of black batteries from Amazon, sure they were cheaper than Wal-Mart, but one of them stopped holding a charge a couple months later. LAME! I'll have to check out the Eneloops

Not that I am aware of. As far as I know the wired controller sold still have the old one piece pad, not sure why.

I'll second the statement NOT to buy the batteries online. I bought a two pack of black batteries from Amazon, sure they were cheaper than Wal-Mart, but one of them stopped holding a charge a couple months later. LAME! I'll have to check out the Eneloops

Thanks I figured there wasn't.

Count me in about the batteries as well. I bought a pair and one didn't work at all right out of the box. Should have returned it when I had the chance but I didn't want to bother.

Did you get the system (or contoller) used? It could be the button is jammed, or broken.

I dropped one of my controllers and the LB button is super hard to press now. You can get it to work, but it's very hard, and doe3sn't click. If I could get the right sized screw to take out the screws I could probably fix it, but for now I just use my other controllers.