IGNORED

Jaguar Hockey Legends 13 (JHL13) by Fredifredo of Jagware!

ggn

With the new season underway what are the odds of JHL14? :)

The only person that can answer this is of course FrediFredo himself. That said, the editor will get some requested features added soon (I hope!) so it's possible we might kick each other into activity!

JHL14 is started ...

For the moment no really great revolution except "shooting ability" who will be change : good players will be better and bad players will be very bad ( to stop hat trick from players like McGrattan or Rinaldo or Colton Orr )

New graphs needed ( pm me if you are interested :) )

• Like 2

Fantastic, and the improvement will be well recieved. It's always seemed to be much harder to score against the computer than it is for it to score on you. Looking forward to some new graphics too (rink side basically, right?). I'm still loving JHL 13, I have Jaguar Hockey on CD, but it crashes too much, loads take to long and there's no commentary by Al Michaels, just the lame "he shoots" basically. Plus, IIRC, it's even harder than the rom version. The one downside is I can't save on my Skunkboard.

It would be great if we could get a run of JHL 14 on some Jagtopus flash carts or regular Jag carts made with the ability to save, like B&C's release of BHH.

By the way, I thought JHL stood for Jaguar Hockey League, not Legends...my mistake.

Edited by Gunstar

It would be great if we could get a run of JHL 14 on some Jagtopus flash carts or regular Jag carts made with the ability to save, like B&C's release of BHH.

No release , no copyright problems... JHL is like a fantasy hockey league, NHL and NHLPA ( or EA Sports ) will not attack if the game stays as a rom.

I dunno, people put out exact clones of games (well, as close as they can get) on other platforms and sell them openly for profit, maybe it's time to kick that ridiculous air of elitism and jaguar-is-such-a-special-case pompous stiff-neck attitude to the kerb once and for all. Jaguar Hockey was put out on CD and nobody cried, if people want to own your great hacks maybe some of us should help make that happen? Or maybe it's just not worth the drama the honest-and-upstanding moral minority would whip up. Meh.

• Like 3

I dunno, people put out exact clones of games (well, as close as they can get) on other platforms and sell them openly for profit, maybe it's time to kick that ridiculous air of elitism and jaguar-is-such-a-special-case pompous stiff-neck attitude to the kerb once and for all. Jaguar Hockey was put out on CD and nobody cried, if people want to own your great hacks maybe some of us should help make that happen? Or maybe it's just not worth the drama the honest-and-upstanding moral minority would whip up. Meh.

The way I see it, the amount of time Fredi spent making JHL13, all the hex editing by hand (after a while using my editor), making ROM, flashing to skunkboard, see if it works, if not find out why, if yes go make more changes, then do that to update the whole roster... never mind reverse engineering all the game's internal structures and figure out sane values (i.e. even more flashes to skunkboard - remember, the game doesn't work on virtual jaguar!)... all that while working and spending time with family... I'm not sure any amount of money could ever repay this :).

(I'll get back to the editor soon Fredi, honest!)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

JHL14 is started ...

For the moment no really great revolution except "shooting ability" who will be change : good players will be better and bad players will be very bad ( to stop hat trick from players like McGrattan or Rinaldo or Colton Orr )

New graphs needed ( pm me if you are interested :) )

If you've seen some of the videos from ejagfest, you might have noticed that a few of the German guys have made their own JHL13 carts, check this photo fro JanAtari:

1499430_615103438526084_1030096467_n.jpg

I don't even like sports video games and I think that is awesome!

I think JHL 2013 and JHL 2014 are awesome for one reason: they are a game in the line up that has a 2013 and 2014 in them. It shows that a game that should be outdated by 20 years with 1994 Hockey stats and retro laughable actually had stats from the current year. At least the stats are in the here and now, which again is awesome.

Just to show exactly how much work Fredi has to do for JHL14, take the attached screen and multiply by 28 and then you get the amount of data he has to edit and test. So everyone cheer for Fredi :).

HURRAY!

• 2 weeks later...

In the screenshot for the amount of work required it would appear that a specially written program is being used to store the data and insert it into the ROM file and agree it is a lot of work. Therefore I assume getting the software to extract the required data from an online source/downloadable file and thus automating the whole process in just a few seconds is not possible.

In the screenshot for the amount of work required it would appear that a specially written program is being used to store the data and insert it into the ROM file and agree it is a lot of work. Therefore I assume getting the software to extract the required data from an online source/downloadable file and thus automating the whole process in just a few seconds is not possible.

Patches welcome ;)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...