IGNORED

For Sale: Free Mcboot Memory Cards

ukgnome1

Hi Guys

I have some Free Mcboot memory cards for sale, they have 1.92 multi installed on them so are region free.
They allow you to play back up copies of your PS2 discs, play your games from a usb stick or hard drive, play games via emulators like the Atari 2600 and the 5200 aswell as the sega megadrive, c64 and Snes to name a few all on your PS2, without the need of a mod chip, its just plug in and play.
they come with UlaunchElf, Open PS2 Loader, ESR and SMS, and I can also install anything else you want on them.
they are £14.99 with free worldwide shipping!

Please visit my website

http://www.freemcboot.net
Thanks

Edited by ukgnome1

Hi Yurkie

You are able to play ps 1 retail games on a ps2 without the need of any kind of mod, did you mean a retail game from another region than your console? if so, free mcboot does'nt work for ps1 games, only ps2. however there is an emulator for the ps2 called ps2psxe, which will allow the play of ps1 backups/imports etc. but I believe it is still in development and not the finished article. you can find out more about it in this thread http://psx-scene.com/forums/f292/ps2psxe-public-preview-feedback-discussions-64878/

I would say though I would'nt want to sell you one of these cards for the sole purpose of using this emulator, as when I have used it, it has only worked for a couple of the games I wanted to play, I hope this helps.

You did, of course, secure permission from the developers to sell these?

Free McBoot License Agreement

Free McBoot is homebrew software and is free to distribute, however it is not permitted to sell the program without explicit permission from the developers.

Every official release has a license agreement document and it is designed to keep Free McBoot a FREE program and not allow people to rip off others to make a buck. There are those who install FMCB onto a Memory Card and sell it as a product they made, giving an excuse its not a real legal document. Well it is enough to convince a judge that you do not have the right to sell it and the costs for a defense attorney can be more than the profits made from such sales.

If you wish to sell FMCB to customers who purchase a Memory card from you, then contact the developers and ask permission FIRST, perhaps offer donations per sale. If anyone deserves to be paid for this program, its the developers who spent many hours in research and development. Otherwise you may find yourself in a courtroom paying an attorney legal fees.

Edited by unholy

You did, of course, secure permission from the developers to sell these?

You did, of course visit the website before posting and understand I am not charging for free mcboot? - just for the memory card, the cost of postage and the price of a pint, it's thirsty work walking to the post office! (if I installed this for you for free and delivered it to your house, would you pay for my petrol/gas?) I offer the free install service and do so, If you want to post me a SAE with a memory card, I will happily do it for you.

If you lived in my area and asked me to install this for you, would you not say cheers by offering to buy me a beer?

I am not making mega money here, just a pint of beer. and only doing it, as it is hard to find people to do the free install service in thier own country, in fact most of the people who used to do it, have retired their service (it's cheaper to buy the memory card, install free mcboot and send it, than it is to pay for postage both ways and the cost of the memory card outside your own country, and you receive the card in half the time!) I am a ps2 fanatic and link back to the proper channels on my website, I take no credit for any work and clearly state what I am charging for. but thanks for the slap!

Edited by ukgnome1
  • Like 2

Can I play retail PS1 games on the PS2 with this card?

Unfortunately, Yurkie, FreeMcBoot does not unlock the ability to load non-original PS1 games.

It is apparently not feasible based on the type of exploit used by FreeMcBoot to "hook" the hardware and boot.

An original PS1 disc is still required to start the boot sequence for the PS1 hardware.

Pity, as that would be an excellent feature . . . !

FreeMcBoot is still an excellent piece of software, however, highly recommended.

-a2a

• Like 1

Unfortunately, Yurkie, FreeMcBoot does not unlock the ability to load non-original PS1 games.

It is apparently not feasible based on the type of exploit used by FreeMcBoot to "hook" the hardware and boot.

An original PS1 disc is still required to start the boot sequence for the PS1 hardware.

Pity, as that would be an excellent feature . . . !

FreeMcBoot is still an excellent piece of software, however, highly recommended.

-a2a

You put it far better than I did :) it would be a great feature.

I have got speed freaks and tombraider working on ps2psxe but it's just not the same, it's still really buggy and I don't know if the developers are still working on it :/ the compatability seems really low at the moment too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...