Back at the Revision 3.0 party, I was a bit envious about a C64 demo running in the row before me. It ran in a loop and was looking ok. That was something that I wanted to have for my VCS. But most of the scene demos for the 2600 are rather short, running 1:30 to 3:30. But they where also short in size, most of them are 4k or 8k. So I had the idea of linking several demos in one 32k ROM.
I needed to slightly modify them so that each demo hands over control to the next one and sometimes move them to another bank. The demos contained in this ROM are (as in order of the ROM, first demo is not determined, as the starting bank is undefined by the bankswitching sceme):
1) Tom/Jones by Trilobit (2007): http://pouet.net/prod.php?which=31535
2) Stella Lives! by Tjoppen (2012): http://pouet.net/prod.php?which=59121
3) Sphaera Stellarium by Noice (2011): http://pouet.net/prod.php?which=58034
4) Drip.bin by Ed Fries (2012): http://pouet.net/prod.php?which=60846
5) Minute And A Bit by Tjoppen (2011): http://pouet.net/prod.php?which=58038
6) ISO by Jac! (2011): http://pouet.net/prod.php?which=58044
No interaction, no menu, just 12 minutes of eye candy per loop. This release is PAL only, as all the demo parts are PAL only (except for Drip.bin which has been ported to PAL by me).
I've also the permission of all contributors to release this data as a module on the AtariAge store. So, I'm announcing a cover contest. The winner will get his design on the cartridge as well as his own cartridge.
Edit: the winner will be picked by the guys involved with this cartridge.
Edited by SvOlli, Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:18 PM.