These are (more or less) the steps to take:
1) Pick and prepare (if required, e.g. crop to a useful length) your chosen video.
2) Load this up in VirtualDub
3) Load the vdscript for the conversion
4) Run "save as avi..." from the File menu. I choose a consistent filename stub, <title>_<region>, e.g. "tron_ntsc", so the file is "tron_ntsc.avi".
5) Now load the avi produced (File/Open video file...)
6) From the file menu, choose Export/Raw Audio.... I append the stub with "_au" and no extension, e.g. "tron_ntsc_au"
7) From the file menu, choose Export/Raw Video.... I append the stub with "_au" and no extension, e.g. "tron_ntsc_av"
Format: 4:2:0 YCbCr planar, R.60.1, 8-bit, Y:16-235 centred
Secondary plane order: Cb/Cr (V/U)
Scanline alignment: 4 bytes
Vertical orientation: Top-down
8 ) From a command prompt, encode the audio: "encaudio60 ntsc_au < tron_ntsc_au"
9) Then encode the video: "encvideo60n ntsc_av < tron_ntsc_av"
10) Combine the to files: "mux60n ntsc_av ntsc_au tron_ntsc.bin"
You now have the hard drive image that can be mounted as a Side 2 Hard Disk within Altirra.
From the "File/Boot Image...", load the "movplay60n.obx" and the video should play.
Edited by Wrathchild, Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:07 PM.