IGNORED

Question about 3.5 inch Adam drive

DamonicFury

For the original Coleco supplied Disk Drive Power Supply:

INPUT: 120V 60Hz 50W

OUTPUT: 9V AC 31 VA

For the replacement Disk Drive Power Supply that is still being sold by eColeco and is pictured in the last post of the thread that i linked to:

INPUT: 120V 60Hz 60W

OUTPUT: 9.2 VAC 3.0 AMP 40 V.A.

I found an exactly info. above ! on my Atari 1050 Power Supply, it is all matched and even the plug end is matched into back of ADAM disk drive !

The Atari part : C017945

9 V AC

31 VA

50 W

It is prefect !

I will test on ADAM drive soon and I pray that it will NOT blow up or fry up motherboard on drive and PS !

Will let you know when it is passed ...

Next is , will find flat 6 lines as "ADAMNet" cable somewhere else...

Glad to hear that you have the proper Atari PS to use with the Coleco drive and thanks for providing the Part # in case I ever need a replacement. I'm sure it will work as others have reported using it with good results.

As far as the ADAMnet cable, you should be able to find the proper 6 Conductor Reverse cable at any electronics store in your area. If not, ShowMeCables ships fast and there is no minimium order amount.

I recently short tested on ADAM disk drive with Atari PS 1050 and it works ! I switched on/off and it does do fine.

Next is I do have only blank diskette , no ADAM software on any diskette, only a fewest tapes software.

So how can I transfer disk images from INTERNET into diskette ?

A little off-point, I do seen once on eBay , the seller tried to sell it for $499.99 with copy ADAM software on diskette. I have no intention to sell mine ADAM drive. I just wonder why it is high price on eBay ? Rare ADAM drive ? How rare is that ?

Follow these two links to old threads where I posted a lot of deatiled information about transferring Disk Images back to ADAM disks. Lots of good stuff on the AtariAge Forums and I recommend spending some time looking through all the old threads... I did and was very glad that I spent the time doing so.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/177853-looking-for-specs-on-coleco-adam-floppy-drive-model-%237817-power-supply/

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/179825-was-montezumas-revenge-available-on-disk-for-the-adam/page__hl__+dcopy?do=findComment&comment=2251139

The ADAM Disk Drive is a pretty rare and hot commodity, especially if it is tested and working. Surprising a large number of these disk drives became avalable last year on eBay, but this year has seen consideraly less. A loose disk drive can fetch in the neighborhood of $125 and one that is CIB can run about $225.

• 4 months later...

Hello NIAD again,

I have 1 question. Is possible for you to have any spare or extra RJ-12 twisted cables (2 of them) somewhere at your home ? If you do, is possible for you to send them to me in my home state ? Because my RJ-12 is really straight rather than twisted, it is generic made. I buy them at used electronic store.

Edited by Caterpiggle

You can buy them here...they are the "reverse" ones...

http://www.showmecables.com/Search.aspx?q=RJ12+6+Conductor+6P6C+Flat+Silver+Satin+Crossed+Telephone+Line+Cord

Hello NIAD again,

I have 1 question. Is possible for you to have any spare or extra RJ-12 twisted cables (2 of them) somewhere at your home ? If you do, is possible for you to send them to me in my home state ? Because my RJ-12 is really straight rather than twisted, it is generic made. I buy them at used electronic store.

Edited by jblenkle

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So after testing, the drive doesn't work anymore, despite the fact the fact that it was stored carefully away with no reason to have been damaged during those years. Sigh. Probably just going to put it on Ebay in the near future, describing it as non-working, of course. Very much hope someone will get this rarity who has the motivation and skills to get it working again.

• 2 weeks later...