IGNORED

fake nintendo world championships cart on ebay!

you see that random scribble of lines next to his name? that covering the shadow/smudge on the cart so that people dont recognize it from the actual picture

...and to cover the photographer's fingers' reflection in the original picture. Would it be worthwhile to contact eBay about this issue? Seller seems to have made a new account extra for this scam.

I reported it...others should do the same. I agree...if someone actually bid on this, I have a stack of rare combat carts to sell them! :-D

At the same time though, all it would take is for someone to see a few shill bids (close to the end of this auction) and then hastily jump in to make bid, thinking they might get a "bargain price" on a NWC cart. Either way, this listing should be reported by as many of us willing to take the 10 seconds to do so. It certainly couldn't hurt.

I reported it...others should do the same. I agree...if someone actually bid on this, I have a stack of rare combat carts to sell them! :-D

At the same time though, all it would take is for someone to see a few shill bids (close to the end of this auction) and then hastily jump in to make bid, thinking they might get a "bargain price" on a NWC cart. Either way, this listing should be reported by as many of us willing to take the 10 seconds to do so. It certainly couldn't hurt.

good! i think many people already have. hopefully.

I liked the seller's excuse for the messy picture:

smudge is a paint program...

Like he doesn't know how to use undo feature? If he can add his "name", make new eBay account, and get it listed he would have known how to use undo feature and get rid of the "smudge" he left to hide evidence.

Maybe someone could create an auction with the original picture and make a statement in description where the picture is from and how the other auction is using stolen picture, smudged out reflection, and is trying to sell it as his?

PS what about eBay limit? Wouldn't a new seller get hit with a low limit like $500 or 10 auction in a single month? One bid and it might get pulled for exceeding the limit.

I liked the seller's excuse for the messy picture:

Like he doesn't know how to use undo feature? If he can add his "name", make new eBay account, and get it listed he would have known how to use undo feature and get rid of the "smudge" he left to hide evidence.

Maybe someone could create an auction with the original picture and make a statement in description where the picture is from and how the other auction is using stolen picture, smudged out reflection, and is trying to sell it as his?

PS what about eBay limit? Wouldn't a new seller get hit with a low limit like $500 or 10 auction in a single month? One bid and it might get pulled for exceeding the limit.

yeah he is an idiot for saying that. its totally an act!

I have always felt that retro gamers were a special club. There are not too many of us around who lovingly put so much time and effort into researching the hobby. Items in my hoarde have come and gone, but the knowlege remains forever embedded in my brain. So many people here have given me free gear and not asked for a penny. So when I hear about someone in the community scamming, it really makes me feel sad. It's like a family member being abusive.

• Like 4

I have always felt that retro gamers were a special club. There are not too many of us around who lovingly put so much time and effort into researching the hobby. Items in my hoarde have come and gone, but the knowlege remains forever embedded in my brain. So many people here have given me free gear and not asked for a penny. So when I hear about someone in the community scamming, it really makes me feel sad. It's like a family member being abusive.

i completely agree! it really does make me sad, especially for an item like THIS! if i did this, i would feel ashamed for a long time and i wouldnt forget about it. how does this person not feel ashamed enough to take it down? it really is a shame that some people feel the need to act like this...

I doubt this guy is part of the gaming community though, most likely just some douchebag thinking he can easily scam some gamers. Big ticket items like this will generally only draw a select few people and most of those if not all will be on gaming sites questioning a seller with 0 rating.

I also reported this auction.

I doubt this guy is part of the gaming community though, most likely just some douchebag thinking he can easily scam some gamers. Big ticket items like this will generally only draw a select few people and most of those if not all will be on gaming sites questioning a seller with 0 rating.

I also reported this auction.

100% agree!