IGNORED

Which would you choose - an Atari 800 or an 800XL?

AtariDude

Atari 800

Second the 4-player M.U.L.E. comment and add ...

4-player Asteroids

4-player Survivor

No need to disable BASIC while booting. :D

Seriously, I own the 400, 800, 800XL and XEGS. I also once owned the 130XE. The beige tank is my all-time favorite of the bunch.

While I have my 130XE hooked up now, and most of the time, for it's memory (I play a LOT of Alternate Reality City&Dungeon and they take advantage of the extra memory if you have it for less disk swapping and much shorter/less load times), I prefer the looks and ruggedness of the 800 over both my 800xl and 130xe, it just looks more like a "real" computer to me, like the old Apple II's I used in school and like todays PC's with the big towers, I know this is silly in a way, as the XL/XE are in actuality "more computer," but I like the classic looks of "the tank" and if I can ever find a memory upgrade for my 800 that works with Alternate Reality, then my XE would go in the closet...although I'm soon going to have a 1200XL, and from what I've been told, it's the one that REALLY has the best keyboard, it's larger too, so it looks mor like a "real" classic computer, and is slimmer to boot! Plus it's got the 64k standard for more game compatibility, etc. and lots of cool upgrades are possible...all in all, though, I say get them all like me! I just need to get more room and a few more monitors so I can have them ALL set up! :D