IGNORED

JAGUAR Duo~Power 2-in-1 A/C Adapter

the.golden.ax

jag-power-intro.png

............................jag-duo-splash.png

For use with the Atari Jaguar alone, or together with the CD-ROM drive.

Also works on the original Sega Genesis, or with Sega CD model 1 OR 2.

Run both units from one grounded power supply. No more "wall warts!"

Works with AC100v - 240v ensuring worldwide compatibility.

(*When used with the correct PC style wall cord.)

Units contain TWO fuses for extra protection.

Runs a beefy 2.20amps, clean medical grade energy source.

USA / CANADA orders will include the standard North American (PC style) cord.

Other international orders will need to procure the correct cord for their region*.

20 units are ready to go NOW!

Maximum of 35 intended. (Unless I can source more of the parts.)

jagduo-demo.png

First come, first served. When they are gone, that's it, at least for this model.

$24.95 EACH + Shipping

Postage is $10.05 domestic or $20.05 international.

TO PURCHASE: Please email me at my username at Gmail and I'll send you a paypal invoice.

*For 220-240V connection: Use and international harmonized, 300v rated, pvc insulated jacket, three conductors of 0.75mm² minimum diameter, with a molded-on plug cap marked with the proper agency marking for the country it will be used in:

jagpower-leg.png

• Like 8

So this unit has a voltage regulator inside? I think what you're saying is that we need to buy, what we call in the UK, a kettle lead? Is there a cheaper / slower postage option to the UK at all? $45 all up is a little high for me.

So this unit has a voltage regulator inside? I think what you're saying is that we need to buy, what we call in the UK, a kettle lead? Is there a cheaper / slower postage option to the UK at all? $45 all up is a little high for me.

Maybe a group buy or something like that could work for UK Jag fans. I know there are allot of dedicated enthusiasts on that side of the pond. The US just raised the international rates on parcels. That is the best I can do for a single.

(Yes, searching "kettle lead" on ePay in the UK, that is the correct item you would need to use this.)

Edited by the.golden.ax

Can this Duo-Power adapter work to run 2 different Jag units without the CD unit attached?

I ask because I take my Jags to a couple of different video game conventions every year and we are sometimes very limited on the number of outlets.

• Like 1

Can this Duo-Power adapter work to run 2 different Jag units without the CD unit attached?

I ask because I take my Jags to a couple of different video game conventions every year and we are sometimes very limited on the number of outlets.

Yes! You could even use a Jaguar and Genesis 1. Or a Jaguar and Master System. Or a Master System and a Genesis. Or a Turbo Grafx and Master System. Or a Jaguar and a Turbo Grafix. Even a Genesis 1 and Sega CD 1. Should also work on Turbo Grafx with Turbo CD. I could go on... :)

Received mine today, looks excellent. Now I just have to unpack my jag and give it a try. We just moved and I know it's in one of the 150 or so boxes I have in my VG room. I also got the coveted #1 of 35, limited edition!

• Like 1

Maybe a group buy or something like that could work for UK Jag fans. I know there are allot of dedicated enthusiasts on that side of the pond. The US just raised the international rates on parcels. That is the best I can do for a single.

(Yes, searching "kettle lead" on ePay in the UK, that is the correct item you would need to use this.)

Anyone wanting to go in on this. Sh3? However once here we still need to distribute to ourselves within the UK so I don't know how much saving is to be had really.

(I've got a spare kettle lead knocking about I'm sure! Kettles seem to have a circular powered base these days...oh how times are changing)

I'd like not to miss out on this - could you put one aside for me please until I get any answers to the above?

All the best

Hmm I'm actually thinking of using this not on my main setup but where I've got my white Jag set up. I don't suppose it'd work with (white) jag and CDX/multimega (I actually have a CDX and a Multimega). Firstly, AFAIRecall the plug is a smaller size on the CDX like the Genesis2. Then it's a case of whether they are 9 or 10v DC.

Let me state first, I am glad this product was made. I wanted to have a Jaguar Duo all in one at some point and this seemed to fit the bill.

What I'm stating here is a warning.

I had two Skunkboards. I tried the Belboz flash program (Mac), probably due to a USB 1 connection the flashes did not go through properly. However, that said, after the flashes the cartridge would still power up to the green screen and I could still select the second bank. The idea was to try to flash the first bank later with my laptop with USB 2 connector rebuilt.

today with the laptop back together I went to power up the Skunkboards. First time since the unsuccessful flash runs but again, they did work last time tried another on Jaguar. Figured I would plug up the Duo power supply since it would over time run cooler etc.

Powered up first Skunkboard, came up to a red Jaguar screen. Figured I would come back to that one, tried the second Skunkboard, same result.

Neither skunkboard has come up on a red screen like this. The only new variable is the power supply I hate to say.

Have since tried the Skunks on other Jaguars with regular power supplies, and on those the Skunkboards now have the red screens on startup.

Golden Ax, again I profusely apologize, but if there is anything to this I wanted to spare others any possible loss till this is looked into further.

Edited by doctorclu

What's the output voltage written on the power supply's sticker? Has anyone measured it with a multimeter (with no load) to see if it's accurate?

IIRC, some versions of the Skunkboard connect the 9 V supply directly to the Flash memory chip (it doesn't require it, but can use it to shorten the programming times). I've always felt it was a bit dangerous, because a lot of "wall warts" power supplies tend to output higher voltages than specified, though I've not heard of anyone having problems. But maybe this is what caused your problem.