IGNORED

Gameboy Flascart

I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday and he was looking for a way to play roms on his gameboy (color)

I started searching for my gameboy games, took one that I wasn't playing and took it appart.

A maskrom and a mapper/bankswitching chip were there and I searched the internet some more, looking to find the maskrom pinout and the the cartridge pinout.

I managed to find it, so I took my multimeter and checked if it was correct.....it was :)

This afternoon I desoldered the maskrom and soldered some wires in it's place....as you can see below:

DESOLDERED MASKROM

IMG-20130506-WA0018_zpscf65ba52.jpg

SOLDERING WIRES IN PLACE

IMG-20130506-WA0013_zps3e7e7488.jpg

After a short break (my wife finished diner) I finished the soldering and made sure the wires would stick to the board by putting some hot glue on them

THIS IS THE CARTRIDGE WITH THE WIRES COMING OUT:

IMG-20130506-WA0020_zps519fb97e.jpg

To test the thing I took an old pc motherboard with an eeprom as bios chip and flashed it with a gameboy game.

TIME TO TEST THE THING :

http://youtu.be/oOfdjv1WqzE

The gamyboy I am testing it on is a gb advance SP.

Classic gameboy games stick out a lot, but this one sticks out a bit more because the cart is extended with a pcb with an IC Socket so the eeprom can be inserted.

I want it to run on regular flasroms in the near future and all I need to do now is build a programmer for the thing so roms can be changed via the carts directly

Edited by 19rsn007
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...