IGNORED

Star Trek ...upside down label?

Kulp

k, so I was adding games to my video game list when i got to the Star Trek for 5200 i just purchased... the Atari Age scan for this cartridge (http://atariage.com/cart_page.html?SoftwareLabelID=665) shows the "end label" as being the part where it says the title & 004-02... but my "end label" aka the top of the cartridge is the part where it says "For The Atari 5200 game system" over the red bar.

so, I guess my label is upside down, even though it looks like it's normal because when you insert the cart into the system, the picture/label is front-facing and upright, you know, like a normal label/picture should be...

so... is the Atari Age scan the upside down one, or is mine?

and I guess I shouldn't even bother asking if this makes it more rare or not... lol, I had the same issue with my copy of Miner 2049er having an upside down end label and I made a thread about it.

anyone else have an upside down Star Trek label? / know if this is a common error?

I'm not sure I'd call it an "error", I think there were probably many people on the assembly line at that time who were not really that concerned what the "right" way was.

Also, the labels on some third-party games (don't really know about that specific one, though) seem like thay were designed to go one way by the art department, then in production they discovered that Atari did it the other way, so they just used what they had and made what seemed like the best choice.