IGNORED

sio2pc the daisy chain double down.

Dripfree

If I have 2 sio2pc cables is there a way that I can daisy chain one into the other? The idea being my 1050 boots dos as D1: My laptop A is D2: via serial rs232 interface. My computer B is D3: via sio2pc rs232 to usb interface. The idea seems simple enough to me but the both these are chain enders. How hard would it be to daisy chain one into the other permanently. In a way where I could theoretically use one the other or both?

photo.jpgimage.jpeg

That's what I'm working with. Its pretty pretty basic stuff the simplest 14c82 chip. This should be possible right it seems like it should be kinda basic stuff. Or am I way off on that?

If I have 2 sio2pc cables is there a way that I can daisy chain one into the other? The idea being my 1050 boots dos as D1: My laptop A is D2: via serial rs232 interface. My computer B is D3: via sio2pc rs232 to usb interface. The idea seems simple enough to me but the both these are chain enders. How hard would it be to daisy chain one into the other permanently. In a way where I could theoretically use one the other or both?

photo.jpgimage.jpeg

That's what I'm working with. Its pretty pretty basic stuff the simplest 14c82 chip. This should be possible right it seems like it should be kinda basic stuff. Or am I way off on that?

Why would you use 2 different PCs for D2: and D3:? ASPEQT software can emulate up to 8 drives, and the latest version supports up to 15 drives when used with SpartaDOS_X.

Why would you use 2 different PCs for D2: and D3:? ASPEQT software can emulate up to 8 drives, and the latest version supports up to 15 drives when used with SpartaDOS_X.

Couple reasons. I want to build them into a case and I want to be able to use either of them without having to plug or unplug them. I only have 1 sio cable I can use for this. I'm going to steal that from my 410 drive. So if possible I would like to daisy chain it into that..You can see now I'm using numbered pin clips and it's kind of annoying switching between the two. I guess the whole idea of having the two pc's going at the same time was more of a what if scenario. But i figured why not? Anyway I do would like to get these both into 1 sio plug and I thought that was a daisy chain scenario? Or maybe I'm way off and this needs some type of more complex switching mechanism?

Anyway I do would like to get these both into 1 sio plug and I thought that was a daisy chain scenario? Or maybe I'm way off and this needs some type of more complex switching mechanism?

I would think it could be possible but at least I don't have enough information to say how to wire it up. I don't know where they get their power, etc. But I don't think you are way out there and there should be no complex switching needed, but I say that without a real sense of how your system is set up and just what you do with it. I don't have those toys so no first hand experience with them.

Back in the day CSS sold something called the quintopus which was a five headed SIO jack with one built in cable that allowed for many one ended daisy chain enders to work in a system without causing a lack of SIO jacks to work with. AIM magazine came out with an article discussing the 'marriage' of two standard SIO cables at about the 9 inch distance that resulted in an amazing amount of empty SIO jacks just asking for such single ended devices as a SIO2PC cable. You just take the cables apart for about a foot and solder color to color all along the one foot interface area and then tape it back up into one four headed cable. Maybe this device would allow you to use your cables as is?

I hope it's clear that I'm not real sure what your solution needs, I'm just firing flares in the air to see what might help.