Vectrex Homebrew Roms

38 replies to this topic

#26 PhoenixMoonPatrol OFFLINE  

PhoenixMoonPatrol

Moonsweeper

• 461 posts
  • Gonna take crackerjack timing to beat me pal

Posted Tue Feb 9, 2016 6:31 PM

Sorry,I meant the authors of the roms selling their own creations, not people selling them off once bought.

LOL. That'd be messed up. But thanks for the info. Explains why you don't see the homebrew for sale digitally. 

#27 Blazing Lazers OFFLINE  

Blazing Lazers

Stargunner

• 1,117 posts

Posted Tue Feb 9, 2016 8:39 PM

No Warrior ROM. According to his site there are about 50 pre-order Warrior games remaining to ship still. If you look at the games that he has released ROMs for and when they were released relative to the cartridge distribution, it will probably be years before Warrior is released as ROM and it might NEVER be released. I,Cyborg hasn't gotten a ROM release and it is older than most of the games that he has released as free ROMs.

Thanks for confirming that :)

I have a loose Warrior manual and overlay I snagged in anticipation of simply throwing the ROM on a flashcart. They'll likely just appear be sold or traded, soon.

#28 gliptitude OFFLINE  

gliptitude

Chopper Commander

• 243 posts

Posted Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:01 AM

Well i think there was a peculiar release of the Star Sling ROM. Not for sale but I don't think it is freely available either. The author Vectorzoa would provide it directly to individuals who contacted him directly for it. Not just a case by case basis, this was advertised as the availability as a rule, and not to be distributed otherwise.

#29 50TBRD OFFLINE  

50TBRD

Moonsweeper

• 265 posts

Posted Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:33 AM

That way Vectorzoa was able to track the people which had the Rom. He might have even programmed data into the game to track it should it ever surface elsewhere.

#30 Mayhem OFFLINE  

Mayhem

River Patroller

• 4,999 posts
  • Commodore Chaos Knight

Posted Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:48 AM

Well i think there was a peculiar release of the Star Sling ROM. Not for sale but I don't think it is freely available either. The author Vectorzoa would provide it directly to individuals who contacted him directly for it. Not just a case by case basis, this was advertised as the availability as a rule, and not to be distributed otherwise.

It was included as part of early ParaJVE releases, but then was removed.

#31 KidQuaalude OFFLINE  

KidQuaalude

Chopper Commander

• 228 posts

Posted Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:46 PM

Yeah, 50Tbrd, you could get a free version if you emailed the author before Star Sling was released, I got the ROM back then.

#32 wingnut4427 OFFLINE  

wingnut4427

Space Invader

• 43 posts

Posted Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:04 PM

Here ya go ! 

#33 50TBRD OFFLINE  

50TBRD

Moonsweeper

• 265 posts

Posted Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:50 PM

Glad to see that Kristof was willing to help.

#34 iesposta OFFLINE  

iesposta

River Patroller

• 3,319 posts
  • Retro-gaming w/my VCS

Posted Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:40 PM

My reply is gone, removed, or never posted!

I said I have to eat my words, "Emulation it is just not worth looking at, until emulation is able to recreate the brightness, persistence, surrounding glow, etc."

You did Vector Patrol justice. 

And owning it, I say surpasses the original arcade Time Pilot!

#35 genfuyung OFFLINE  

genfuyung

Star Raider

• 85 posts

Posted Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:29 PM

Does anyone know where to buy copies of vector pilot or vectrexians? I found Kristofs site but it hasnt been updated in forever and I'm not sure if he's even still around. I'm new to vectrex homebrew but vector pilot looks like a must have.

#36 ls650 OFFLINE  

ls650

Quadrunner

• 6,582 posts
  • Atari rocks!

Posted Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:46 PM

Does anyone know where to buy copies of vector pilot or vectrexians? I found Kristofs site but it hasnt been updated in forever and I'm not sure if he's even still around. I'm new to vectrex homebrew but vector pilot looks like a must have.

He's still around.  Did you try sending him a note?  I bought a copy from him about a year ago, and he was very prompt and courteous with emails.

#37 Mayhem OFFLINE  

Mayhem

River Patroller

• 4,999 posts
  • Commodore Chaos Knight

Posted Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:20 PM

Yep, he's definitely still active, just working on Vector Patrol currently.

#38 Lord Innit ONLINE  

Lord Innit

Chopper Commander

• 197 posts
  • Cleaning up Liberty City.

Posted Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:05 PM

I bought both games from him last summer. Very easy to purchase the games and a delightful fella to deal with.

#39 genfuyung OFFLINE  

genfuyung

Star Raider

• 85 posts

Posted Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:19 PM

Thanks for the responses. I'll try contacting him through his site.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users