IGNORED

7800 HSC Season 6 - Game 4 ^Asteroids^

Don't worry, Gorfy. Unless otherwise noted, let both difficulty switches on B position (Novice), which is Default on Prosystem Emulator / EMU7800. Just select the apropriate game mode (Intermediate in this case).

In 7800 Ikari Warriors, Difficulty Switches toggle background music (Ikari Warriors Theme). You could set difficulty switches to A (PRO) position to turn off background music.

Oh, then the difficulty switches affect the old 7800 games!

I answered Gorfy saying the switches didn't affect 7800 games :dunce:. Then I remembered Crazy Brix (but it's a homebrew).

Now I should to test all my 7800 games to see if something happens.

unless noted in the game manual the difficulty switches do nothing on 7800 games...they were placed there for the backward compatibility of 2600 games

I think Xevious, Motor Psycho, and Tower Toppler are the only three 7800 games that use the difficulty switches.

: NOTE FROM MODERATOR

WE HIT THE 15 PLAYERS BONUS...! Everyone will get more points, well... except us lowest 3 lol...

THE ONE WEEK BONUS GAME IS READY, PLAY EXPERT AND TRY TO EARN A TOP 3 FINISH, OR SET A FIRST AND NEW HSC RECORD FOR EXPERT...! =)

• Like 1

Very competitive so far... ! Only hundreds of points between players here...

6. 23,840 aftermac [+9]

7. 23,480 Liduario [+8]

8. 23,090 Gorfy [+7]

-

10. 16,180 darthkur [+5]

11. 16,130 Atarifever [+4]

12. 15,770 JacobZu7zu7 [+3]

13. 15,470 classicgamer_27330 [+2]

14. 15,030 BSA Starfire [+1]

Impressed with the turn out for Asteroids! :)

Hey guys. Umm, I don't want to be the uber nerd, and those scores are obviously not actually in doubt, but I think a new rule this season was going to be pictures are mandatory. Did we make that one official after... everything.

LOL... oh, scores without a picture CAN be accepted, but if other players challenge the integrity of the score... it could be removed, so rule is kinda the same as before, we trust Atari Age members to not use any game steroids before playing.

Other newly enforced rules are...,

-No save states on current game, no level skipping or pausing, no auto-fire, no sit still and shoot ...etc...

all you need to know is to plug the game in, and play on! Console or Emulation.