IGNORED

TI-99/4a RF box problems

simbalion

I thought myself well set for RF boxes for my TI-99/4a computers until tonight. One of my switch boxes just up and died and I came to find that the 5 pin din plug end on one somehow got crunched and now only works when it wants to. My other good working switchbox has fallen victim to the cheap, brittle antenna wire used for the TV connection and both ends simply fell off! I tried to repair them, but my soldering skills suck and it appears something shorted inside when the ends broke while connected to the TV. Ok... I found one that had an end replaced and taped on, luckily I was able to solder it enough to work and electrical taped it like crazy. Now, I really need to find a usable replacement for these. An AV cord for the TI would be nice, but I lack Paypal and forget soldering with me. :(

I know this will not help as you forgot your soldering iron or whatever.

When my RF adapter failed, I kept the cable with the DIN connector and tossed out the metal RF modulator. I dug up some RCA cable that came free with something and did some soldering.

I know this will not help as you forgot your soldering iron or whatever.

When my RF adapter failed, I kept the cable with the DIN connector and tossed out the metal RF modulator. I dug up some RCA cable that came free with something and did some soldering.

I am going to challenge my electronics repair friend to try and make an AV cable with the DIN connector cable from one of my dead RF adaptors. First I need to find my grey TI-99/4a and make sure it works so he will have a computer to try it out on. One of my silver machines just became a parts unit because sometime in its past it had it's AV out socket damaged and it finally quit working last night. You have to hold the DIN connector in and up on that unit to get a signal now.

I have one that it works, if you are interested.

I am interested, at least to have a spare. Alot of my TVs I use for my old systems do not have AV hookups on them, so I still need RF boxes for a bit. I had a couple I found in a friend's basement, but they were so rusted up I think I pitched them. Should have tried them out...

I am going to challenge my electronics repair friend to try and make an AV cable with the DIN connector cable from one of my dead RF adaptors.

When he pops open the RF connector, it is printed right on the circuit board what each color in the DIN cable is used for.. Video, Audio, Power (I didn't use) and grounds.

• 2 weeks later...

I am interested, at least to have a spare. Alot of my TVs I use for my old systems do not have AV hookups on them, so I still need RF boxes for a bit. I had a couple I found in a friend's basement, but they were so rusted up I think I pitched them. Should have tried them out...

sorry for not following up with my offer, busy with other things.

I have a some TI99 stuff for sale here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/211929-fs-ti99-games-lot-joystick-adapter/

The RF adapter for $8 if you're interested.

sorry for not following up with my offer, busy with other things.

I have a some TI99 stuff for sale here: http://atariage.com/...ystick-adapter/

The RF adapter for $8 if you're interested.

If you are willing to take money orders, I am interested. My zip is 44622 if you need to add shipping. Just let me know and I will get the money order out to you this week as soon as I have an address. I love my TI computers too much to be blocked by bad RF boxes! :)