IGNORED

AtariProtos.com ?

Crimefighter

• 4 weeks later...

Good, I was worried there. Please keep that cool prototype coverage coming along.

Unfortunately I've been busier than usual with my job and family life, so AtariProtos has been on the back burner. If a groundbreaking proto surfaces I'll cover it, but the little stuff is going to have to slide a bit until I get the time to do a massive update. There really hasn't been anything earth-shattering lately, just little dribs and drabs that I've been making notes about.

I'd have to go through my lists. Lifespan, Da' Fuzz, Tarzan, and Destiny: The Cruiser, come to mind. I still need to do an 8-bit Pink Panther page even though I don't actually have the rom (I have a video of the gameplay though).

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately I've been busier than usual with my job and family life, so AtariProtos has been on the back burner. If a groundbreaking proto surfaces I'll cover it, but the little stuff is going to have to slide a bit until I get the time to do a massive update. There really hasn't been anything earth-shattering lately, just little dribs and drabs that I've been making notes about.

My dribs and drabs were not worthy :(

To see list of the 30 I passed along follow link to thread below

http://atariage.com/...00-cart-dumper/

------------------------------------------------

Edited by FND

My dribs and drabs were not worthy :(

To see list of the 30 I passed along follow link to thread below

http://atariage.com/...00-cart-dumper/

------------------------------------------------

Just haven't had the time. If someone else wants to look at these I'm all for it, but the website is very back burner right now.

As I have requested in the past I do not want these given out Please do not pass them out. and as a matter of fact I would now like to request you

delete them from your files

Excuse my disappointment in this, I just felt your statement that my effort in Dumping 30 prototypes was considered dribs and drabs and

your previous statement "not high on my priority list" was a little cold. I did spend considerable time locating a Compatible EPROM reader that

I could use to download these, spent a week downloading and learning how to compile the ROMs, testing them in 3 different emulators to figure

out which ones would work and to now have my efforts regarded in such a non appreciative manor is a hard pill to swallow

As I have requested in the past I do not want these given out Please do not pass them out. and as a matter of fact I would now like to request you

delete them from your files

Excuse my disappointment in this, I just felt your statement that my effort in Dumping 30 prototypes was considered dribs and drabs and

your previous statement "not high on my priority list" was a little cold. I did spend considerable time locating a Compatible EPROM reader that

I could use to download these, spent a week downloading and learning how to compile the ROMs, testing them in 3 different emulators to figure

out which ones would work and to now have my efforts regarded in such a non appreciative manor is a hard pill to swallow

I'm sorry you feel that way. AtariProtos is a hobby, not a job. I don't get paid to do it, I do it for fun. And truth be told, I haven't had any fun doing it in some time.

I had every good intention of reviewing these protos, but real life has gotten in the way of many things of late and my website, and my gaming hobby in general, are rather unimportant to me right now. I'm not going to go into my personal life here, but at the moment reviewing prototypes is the last thing on my mind. In fact, I've been considering putting my site into mothballs (or at least putting it on permanent hiatus) for a while now. Maybe it's time to put that plan into action.

This saddens me to hear but I can understand how real life may be in the way. I will contact you this week on one or two topics. On a similar topic we talked about earlier.

I hope that things improve for you and that your heart finds its way back into the site down the road. You have been a true asset to the community.

• Like 1

I hope that things improve for you and that your heart finds its way back into the site down the road. You have been a true asset to the community.

Who knows, things change. Life is just a little busy right now.

I may not be updating Atariprotos, but it will stay up. I'm not going to take it down or anything like that. I'm also not going to pass it on to someone, but someone else can feel free to start up another proto review site.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like I might be doing some updates after all. Some new info is coming my way (nothing brand new, but new versions of existing games). Maybe I can take a look at those 5200 protos while I'm at it and do one massive update. I've got that 8-bit Defender proto to add as well. Stayed tuned I guess.

• Like 2

For what it's worth, don't ever feel guilty or pressured to work on the site. Sometimes years pass me by before I get around to updating mine so I know what it's like. Between my family, my work, & real life problems and issues, what little spare time does come my way gets utilized by order of priorities and maintaining a website is quite low on that list for me. Granted, every so often I get inspired and/or some significant news breaks that I feel compelled to reveal or elaborate on immediately. But for the most part, at least at this exact stage in my life, spare time is extremely rare and extremely valuable.

So thanks for all the hard work and endless hours you have ALREADY put into the site. That alone is more then can be expected, for me at least. I use the site constantly as a source of entertainment when I want to do some fun reading and also as a reference for information that I need from time to time.

It's your site and you do what you want. You are so right that sometimes life events take importance, and things that are hobby related can wait. I'm sure most people understand. To those that dont, start your own site. If a hobby consumes your life that much, maybe its time to go outside and get some sun.

That's the thing, I want to do updates to keep everyone informed but I have to be 'inspired' to do it. I've tried forcing myself to do reviews before and it just doesn't work. The result is a poorly written article (well poorer than my usual work anyway) that doesn't have any humor in it. I've been hoping to do updates more often than once a year, but I really can't control when and if the spirit moves me. Not only that, but life has been busy and there really hasn't been much new stuff showing up. It's mostly just slightly different versions of existing titles which really hasn't gotten me in the mood to write.

The good news is once I start writing I usually get on a roll, so hopefully the next update will happen soon (depending on how different those 5200 protos all are).

• Like 2