IGNORED

Pepsi Invaders Help

zordac

Hi all,

I am a long time lurker around Atari Age but this is my first post. I have been slowly collecting 2600 carts for a couple years and I have around 500 carts in my collection right now. One of the people I buy from recently sent me a note saying he has a possible Pepsi Invaders for me. Now, he is a middle man and has never done me wrong (to my knowledge). However, this particular deal feels hinky at best. I have never seen the inside of a Pepsi Invader cart so I don't want to call the seller a liar just yet.

Can any of you confirm that these pictures are not legitimate?

Anyone have actual photos of a Pepsi Invaders internals?

Thanks in advance!

post-35675-0-19415300-1368807848_thumb.jpg

post-35675-0-00313500-1368807849_thumb.jpg

Speaking of pepsi invaders. eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1610284833931?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=161028483393&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] Is 400 too much. Top and bottom label is missing looks like. And maybe back if they ever had a back label but not visible from photos. And screenshots both look legit. You have to arrow down to see the rest of the pics. But any way to verify that is a real invaders.

Edited by 0078265317

Speaking of pepsi invaders. eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1610284833931?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=161028483393&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] Is 400 too much. Top and bottom label is missing looks like. And maybe back if they ever had a back label but not visible from photos. And screenshots both look legit. You have to arrow down to see the rest of the pics. But any way to verify that is a real invaders.

It doesn't look legit at all. You can clearly see the glue marks for an end label on the cart.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I am a long time lurker around Atari Age but this is my first post. I have been slowly collecting 2600 carts for a couple years and I have around 500 carts in my collection right now. One of the people I buy from recently sent me a note saying he has a possible Pepsi Invaders for me. Now, he is a middle man and has never done me wrong (to my knowledge). However, this particular deal feels hinky at best. I have never seen the inside of a Pepsi Invader cart so I don't want to call the seller a liar just yet.

Can any of you confirm that these pictures are not legitimate?

Anyone have actual photos of a Pepsi Invaders internals?

Thanks in advance!

post-35675-0-19415300-1368807848_thumb.jpg

post-35675-0-00313500-1368807849_thumb.jpg

So even though we told you it is a fake you are selling it and say "I have no way to verify its authenticity"

But you do, and did, here!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1610413105651?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=161041310565&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

• Like 2

So even though we told you it is a fake you are selling it and say "I have no way to verify its authenticity"

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1610413105651?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=161041310565&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Edited...

Everybody please report the auction as pirated software!!! Thanks for the heads-up 181. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WOW, wait a minute. That is not my auction. Call off the hunt for me. I am a collector, not a scammer nor seller. I have never sold an Atari game on EBay. I have purchased lots of them but never sold one on ebay.

My username on ebay is jpal3332. Ask the mods, to look at my personal information that is an abbreviation of my first and last names and my email address matches also. I do not want to burn any bridges in this community before I even build any. I asked a simple question because I got an offer to buy this game. I suspected it to be fake or I would have never asked this community.

They guy running that EBay Auction is the same guy that sent me the email. His name is Troy A.

I have purchased several games from him through ebay and never had a reason to doubt their authenticity. Now I have to go back and attempt to open and verify a few of them like Swordquest Waterworld.

Please don't burn me at the stake for someone else's bad deeds please.

Edited to remove his full last name. If you want his full name and email address, PM me.

Also,

My apologies for not providing this information when asked earlier. I have not gotten an email notification about this thread since May 17. I only found out this thread was still active today because the email notification came in that bennybingo quoted my original post.

WOW, wait a minute. That is not my auction. Call off the hunt for me. I am a collector, not a scammer nor seller. I have never sold an Atari game on EBay. I have purchased lots of them but never sold one on ebay.

My username on ebay is jpal3332. Ask the mods, to look at my personal information that is an abbreviation of my first and last names and my email address matches also. I do not want to burn any bridges in this community before I even build any. I asked a simple question because I got an offer to buy this game. I suspected it to be fake or I would have never asked this community.

They guy running that EBay Auction is the same guy that sent me the email. His name is Troy A.

I have purchased several games from him through ebay and never had a reason to doubt their authenticity. Now I have to go back and attempt to open and verify a few of them like Swordquest Waterworld.

Please don't burn me at the stake for someone else's bad deeds please.

Edited to remove his full last name. If you want his full name and email address, PM me.

If its not you I apologize. I guess that's why they look the same. He must be making them.

If its not you I apologize. I guess that's why they look the same. He must be making them.

Thank you.

I never purchased this cart. As soon as you guys confirmed for me it was fake, I told him no. These look like the exact same photos he emailed to me. My guess is that it is the same cart.

I will also say that I hope he is NOT the modder/hacker/scammer. I hope that he came across this thinking he found a really good deal. Again, I will open a couple of my other carts to see if I have gotten any fakes. I will post pictures if I find anything questionable.