IGNORED

Pepsi Invaders Help

zordac

Thank you.

I never purchased this cart. As soon as you guys confirmed for me it was fake, I told him no. These look like the exact same photos he emailed to me. My guess is that it is the same cart.

I will also say that I hope he is NOT the modder/hacker/scammer. I hope that he came across this thinking he found a really good deal. Again, I will open a couple of my other carts to see if I have gotten any fakes. I will post pictures if I find anything questionable.

I edited my above post....it sure sounded like you were "involved" with the owner when I first read it. Glad to hear that you are not the scammer in question. :thumbsup:

Also,

My apologies for not providing this information when asked earlier. I have not gotten an email notification about this thread since May 17. I only found out this thread was still active today because the email notification came in that bennybingo quoted my original post.

I also have not been receiving email notification of several threads for a few weeks, even though it says I will be notified. I "fixed" a couple of them by clicking "Unfollow this topic" then clicking "Follow this topic" and they work now.

This is also my first post but as I saw the thread on Pepsi Invaders I wanted to offer a quick comment...and a few pictures for the forum. The below are photos of 2 Pepsi Invaders carts (I called them games until I read in here that they are known as carts). My father worked for Coca-Cola USA and attended the sales conference in 1983. As his 15 year old son, he brought the game home for me and I've had it ever since. I didn't know it was worth alot of money until recently and reading up on all the Atari comments has brought a great sense of nostalgia back of the late 70's and 80's....good times!!!

Anyways here are the photos and hopefully a conclusive answer to what they look like on the inside.

post-35932-0-41523900-1370893170_thumb.jpg

post-35932-0-74866300-1370893171_thumb.jpg

post-35932-0-60015200-1370893172_thumb.jpg

post-35932-0-30578000-1370893173_thumb.jpg

post-35932-0-01951700-1370893174_thumb.jpg

post-35932-0-57254200-1370893174_thumb.jpg

This is also my first post but as I saw the thread on Pepsi Invaders I wanted to offer a quick comment...and a few pictures for the forum. The below are photos of 2 Pepsi Invaders carts (I called them games until I read in here that they are known as carts). My father worked for Coca-Cola USA and attended the sales conference in 1983. As his 15 year old son, he brought the game home for me and I've had it ever since. I didn't know it was worth alot of money until recently and reading up on all the Atari comments has brought a great sense of nostalgia back of the late 70's and 80's....good times!!!

Anyways here are the photos and hopefully a conclusive answer to what they look like on the inside.

So you have two of these?

Nice.

Do you still have the boxes:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-pepsi-invaders_11875.html

8)

I do have two of them yes...unfortunately like any teenager the box was tossed about 2 minutes after I got them from my dad...haha. I did search through the attic though after reading last night a bit more about the game and its history in wikipedia. The article is mostly true although the reason why the games were made in the first place weren't as gifts to senior sales execs. Actually they were created as a sales and marketing tool to take out to local bottlers around the country and capitalize on the passion around the "Cola Wars" of the 1970's-1980's. That's why the time limit exists on the games. If you were a local sales guy and sat in on one of those sales rallies led by the Atlanta exec, he would encourage you to come up and zap Pepsi via the game. Of course your bottling manager wouldn't want you playing games all day so the 3 minute timer gave you a taste of the fun but sent you away to go do your job...selling Coca-Cola.

Most of the games were tossed away or given to the children of the Sales execs once the local bottler rallies concluded and as one of those kids, I thought the game sucked because of the same 3 minute timer. I played it maybe 2-3 times and then it was put aside for Missle Command, Frogger and Asteroids. Fortunately though, it went into storage with my atari and other games....and 30 years later...I'm reading about how rare Pepsi Invaders is.

It's great to see there's a forum on Atari and the games...makes me want to see if the old 2600 still works. :)

• Like 5