IGNORED

flashing U1MB

w1k

Maybe someone here can flash it for you then. I would do it but I over in the usa so it would take a long time to get here and back.

I used the g840 to burn the chip. I had to because I have the "bad" chip with the 4k sectors and couldn't use the flasher atr.

Edited by TheNameOfTheGame

If you have any flash cart with PLCC sockets, you use them also in the most ways. SiC cart with adapter (DIP to PLCC) works fine. But you also can use an AtariMax 8 MBit Flashcart, replace one of the both PLCC flash-roms with your from the U1MB, take the ready-to-flash U1MB 512 KB files found here in this forum, double them (add the file twice to get 1 exact 1 MByte (1.048.576 bytes) file) and flash it in the AtariMax 8 MBit flashcart. After flashing rebuild the U1MB flash-chip back in the U1MB and be lucky. For this you must use the newest AtariMax Studio Software, the old 1.xx versions are only able to flash AMD and SST 29F040 types, the newer loader can much more. Use function "Convert BIN to ATR Programming Image".

• Like 1

hmm, nice and interesting idea.. but ATARIMAX HW and SW cost like little old car.......

Maybe there are Skodas for that little money, but no real cars ;)

and.. you know

open source is future

And everything for free is the end. Open Source is great, but it doesn´t mean "for free".

How much is shipping from Slovakia to Germany? A little old car too? ;)

hmm, nice and interesting idea.. but ATARIMAX HW and SW cost like little old car.......

and.. you know

open source is future

I agree that Atarimax products are not cheap, but they are very high, fabulous quality. I like to pay that for a good product, with a decent shell.

I don't understand what the 'open source' comment means in this topic.

What in the world did you flash btw. to your U1MB that this happened? If I was you, I would temp. replace the u1mb by a working OS rom and watch whether your atari works again or not.

Btw. I have read a lot of your topics, but I got the feeling that the 'evil eye' is following you ;) you do not have the most luck in the world with all your atari issues ;)

I have went back to 100% original atari's. That gives really a lot of quietness in the atari hobby. And it is not less fun.

• Like 1

I agree that Atarimax products are not cheap, but they are very high, fabulous quality. I like to pay that for a good product, with a decent shell.

I don't understand what the 'open source' comment means in this topic.

What in the world did you flash btw. to your U1MB that this happened? If I was you, I would temp. replace the u1mb by a working OS rom and watch whether your atari works again or not.

Btw. I have read a lot of your topics, but I got the feeling that the 'evil eye' is following you ;) you do not have the most luck in the world with all your atari issues ;)

I have went back to 100% original atari's. That gives really a lot of quietness in the atari hobby. And it is not less fun.

It sounds like he has the "bad" plcc in his u1mb...This makes the flasher hang and other problems. There was a thread about the issue and if he never read that thread then it not his fault that he didn't know about.

I almost did the same thing, but luckily I had read the thread so I used an eprom burner to flash the chip.

If you don't own a programmer already I would recommend this. It is not too expensive and works great, also includes the adapter you will need to program a PLCC and the chip extractor. I have recovered my U1MB using this programmer

Thanks for the link - I went ahead and ordered one, as I will soon be burning new engine calibration chips for my Daytona :)

If you don't own a programmer already I would recommend this. It is not too expensive and works great, also includes the adapter you will need to program a PLCC and the chip extractor. I have recovered my U1MB using this programmer

Looking great. Can you confirm from own experience that it works with Windows 7 (and additionally, really burns ATMegaXX) ? Then this will be my choice.

hmm, nice and interesting idea.. but ATARIMAX HW and SW cost like little old car.......and.. you know open source is future

I didn´t see the relationship between giving a hint with items most modern atarians have at home and "open source" :?

A lot of ways are possible to reflash a standard plcc chip, sure you can find all documents and datasheets and build your own simple flasher for free... but this is (for me) to much work, so I use tools ;)

And.. show me a place in europe where I can get a "little old car" for approx 25 euros... I will take a bunch for bad times coming :grin:

Could you please sent a screenshot from the burning utility?

Thanks.

Looking great. Can you confirm from own experience that it works with Windows 7 (and additionally, really burns ATMegaXX) ? Then this will be my choice.

I am using it with Win 7 64 bit..The ebay listing contains a list of supported chips.

Here's a quote from the ebay listing:

"AVR microcontroller, including ATMEGA series, ATtiny series, AT90XXX series microcontroller

AVR microcontroller can complete a one-to-one soft encryption by RC calibrating bytes.

It can support high-speed parallel programming and at the same time all AVR ATMEGAxxx chips can be supported SPI series download programming by using ICSP interface."

Edited by atari8warez
  • Like 1