111 replies to this topic

#1 nanochess OFFLINE  

nanochess

Processorus Polyglotus

• 5,874 posts
  • Coding something good

Posted Mon May 20, 2013 7:48 PM

Hi everyone.

A little more than a year ago I've started collecting Colecovision loose cartridges, just for fun, in fact I started with the better games (I think) and then added one, other one, another one and without warning I started a collection :) that finally I've completed in May/15/2013 (obviously not including the S.O.S cartridge, given that only one or two exists)

Some items were pure luck, like the Super-Sketch (Sketch Master) that I don't even intended to get.

The Wizard of Id Wizmath and Q*bert Qubes were other two very difficult to obtain.

Besides I've got five Q*bert before getting one with good label and in the process I got one with a silver label (not here because I think it doesn't fit along the other Parker Brothers)

It took me one hour to unpack, fifteen minutes for the pictures and another hour to pack again :)

So enjoy it!

[BTW, I have some duplicate Colecovision homebrews, but with one is enough to show :)]

gallery_30245_975_477525.jpg

gallery_30245_975_656277.jpg

gallery_30245_975_526438.jpg

gallery_30245_975_509482.jpg

Added Jun/07/2013

Now my Colecovision cartridges duplicates, most are in not so good state, primary cause of having to order more cartridges. This picture includes the rare Q*bert with silver label. Also the Facemaker and Smurf's Paint and Play Workshop cartridges doesn't work. Also included three Atari cartridges that doesn't work.

gallery_30245_975_74466.jpg

My collection of homebrews (part 1), including the Zombie Near game I wrote (I've four of this one :))

gallery_30245_975_233767.jpg

My collection of homebrews (part 2), including the Princess Quest game I wrote (I've two of this one :))

gallery_30245_975_76081.jpg

And here is my very small Atari Collection.

gallery_30245_975_56916.jpg

Update Jun/11/2013:

My small MSX collection, including the games I've wrote.

gallery_30245_975_51708.jpg

Update Jun/26/2013:

A recent addition to my Atari collection, plus all the other platform cartridges in my collection.

BTW, someone used a permanent marker in the Total Recall cartridge :(. For being my first two NES games, I choosed the most unplayable games :D

I like very much the colorful label of the Atlantis cartridge for Intellivision :)

gallery_30245_975_79158.jpg

gallery_30245_975_71846.jpg

Update Aug/25/2013:

Recent additions to my Sega Master System collection :). Only Out Run 3D has the manual, so technically it is the only CIB.

gallery_30245_975_171850.jpg

Update Mar/06/2014:

Just taken pictures of all my homebrew collection without duplicates:

gallery_30245_975_579088.jpg

gallery_30245_975_142210.jpg

Update Jun/21/2014:

gallery_30245_975_32131.jpg

Edited by nanochess, Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:43 PM.

#2 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• 8,215 posts

Posted Mon May 20, 2013 8:12 PM

Very nice! :)

#3 nanochess OFFLINE  

nanochess

Processorus Polyglotus

• Topic Starter
  • 5,874 posts
  • Coding something good

Posted Mon May 20, 2013 8:20 PM

Very nice! :)

Thanks, Luc! :)

#4 Manoau2002 OFFLINE  

Manoau2002

Stargunner

• 1,072 posts

Posted Mon May 20, 2013 8:21 PM

Looks great. I am trying to accomplish that myself. The boxed super sketch is really cool.

#5 nofrills100 OFFLINE  

nofrills100

River Patroller

• 3,076 posts

Posted Mon May 20, 2013 8:34 PM

Wow nice collection!
I can't see clearly if you have them (I'm on my mobile phone) but do you know there are a bunch of colecovision v-case cartridges out there, somewhere. I've come across them in my search for 2600 vcases

#6 nofrills100 OFFLINE  

nofrills100

River Patroller

• 3,076 posts

Posted Mon May 20, 2013 8:37 PM

I could probably track them down if you are interested.

#7 nanochess OFFLINE  

nanochess

Processorus Polyglotus

• Topic Starter
  • 5,874 posts
  • Coding something good

Posted Mon May 20, 2013 8:41 PM

I could probably track them down if you are interested.

Thanks. I'll take it in account for the future if I become a more serious collector.

Currently I have a serious trouble with space :D (part of the reason why I don't have collected CIB games)

#8 BassGuitari OFFLINE  

BassGuitari

Glorified Toaster

• 6,975 posts
  • Remember how bright the future used to look?

Posted Mon May 20, 2013 9:31 PM

Very nice!

#9 Stephen OFFLINE  

Stephen

Quadrunner

• 7,590 posts
  • A8 Gear Head

Posted Mon May 20, 2013 10:00 PM

Great collection.

#10 owen2471 OFFLINE  

owen2471

Chopper Commander

• 106 posts

Posted Tue May 21, 2013 12:18 AM

Very impressive collection.

#11 nanochess OFFLINE  

nanochess

Processorus Polyglotus

• Topic Starter
  • 5,874 posts
  • Coding something good

Posted Fri Jun 7, 2013 8:14 AM

I've added pictures of my duplicated cartridges and my collection of homebrews. :)

Edited by nanochess, Fri Jun 7, 2013 8:18 AM.

#12 retroillucid OFFLINE  

retroillucid

Quadrunner

• 8,162 posts

Posted Fri Jun 7, 2013 10:21 AM

Sweet collection! :)

#13 WispFollower OFFLINE  

WispFollower

Dragonstomper

• 501 posts

Posted Fri Jun 7, 2013 10:28 AM

Very nice loot you have there! How did you find the Super Sketch?

#14 nanochess OFFLINE  

nanochess

Processorus Polyglotus

• Topic Starter
  • 5,874 posts
  • Coding something good

Posted Fri Jun 7, 2013 11:35 AM

Very nice loot you have there! How did you find the Super Sketch?

I was talking through Internet with someone about the difficulties I had when getting the last two cartridges (Q*Bert Qubes and Wizmath) for my collection and unexpectedly this person said "Would you like to get a Super Sketch?", I didn't think twice, I got it! :)

#15 nanochess OFFLINE  

nanochess

Processorus Polyglotus

• Topic Starter
  • 5,874 posts
  • Coding something good

Posted Fri Jun 7, 2013 2:15 PM

Just added my small Atari collection :)

#16 ilovethevectrex OFFLINE  

ilovethevectrex

Dragonstomper

• 531 posts

Posted Fri Jun 7, 2013 2:54 PM

thats a very nice collection! also some good homebrews :)

#17 nanochess OFFLINE  

nanochess

Processorus Polyglotus

• Topic Starter
  • 5,874 posts
  • Coding something good

Posted Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:51 AM

Added MSX cartridges, Too few because them are pretty expensive to get from Europe.

#18 Serious OFFLINE  

Serious

Dragonstomper

• 963 posts
  • WTB: Manuals for 2600 Espial and Stronghold

Posted Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:39 PM

Just added my small Atari collection :)

Interesting label on Pigs in Space.. where did you get it? And is the publisher Atari?

#19 nanochess OFFLINE  

nanochess

Processorus Polyglotus

• Topic Starter
  • 5,874 posts
  • Coding something good

Posted Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:12 PM

Interesting label on Pigs in Space.. where did you get it? And is the publisher Atari?

It was the only one in two big bags of cartridges I checked. It looks like Taiwanese, also has missing the top label.

#20 retroillucid OFFLINE  

retroillucid

Quadrunner

• 8,162 posts

Posted Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:17 PM

I do really enjoy looking at other's collection

Thanks for showing your collection updated. :)

#21 retroillucid OFFLINE  

retroillucid

Quadrunner

• 8,162 posts

Posted Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:18 PM

Would love to own the Sword Quest series.

The concept is mind blowing!!

And I'm a ColecoVision fanboy who doesn't own ANY Atari2600 stuff beside some Coleco A2600 games

Edited by retroillucid, Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:19 PM.

#22 nanochess OFFLINE  

nanochess

Processorus Polyglotus

• Topic Starter
  • 5,874 posts
  • Coding something good

Posted Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:25 PM

I do really enjoy looking at other's collection

Thanks for showing your collection updated. :)

Thanks you! In fact now I've noted I forgot completely to show my Atarimax Colecovision Ultimate SD Cartridge :)

Still remains to show 7 Intellivision loose cartridges, 2 NES cartridges and 1 SMS cartridge. And just I've added Halo 2600

Would love to own the Sword Quest series.

The concept is mind blowing!!

And I'm a ColecoVision fanboy who doesn't own ANY Atari2600 stuff beside some Coleco A2600 games

I'm pretty surprised (and proud) of having it :).

I got Waterworld just because the offer was good (it included comic, manual and guide), the guy included Earthworld and then when I was updating my list I discovered already I had Fireworld :D

#23 san-d-2000 OFFLINE  

san-d-2000

Stargunner

• 1,229 posts

Posted Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:58 PM

Cool collection!

#24 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• 8,215 posts

Posted Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:15 PM

I got Waterworld just because the offer was good (it included comic, manual and guide), the guy included Earthworld and then when I was updating my list I discovered already I had Fireworld :D

That's funny, I'm also a fan of SwordQuest. The games themselves are admittedly terrible, but there's something weirdly magical and magnetic about them, which I can't really explain. Maybe it's the in-game mechanic of discovering items in secret rooms, picking them up and dropping them off in other rooms to get some kind of reward. A crude mechanic, but unique in its own way. :)

Today, I'm in the mood to let you all in on a little secret: I've been thinking of remaking the SwordQuest series on the ColecoVision for several years. It's like a little holy grail for me, much like doing Zelda on ColecoVision is a holy grail of J-F. I envision these SwordQuest remakes as isometric games which draw more inspiration from the SwordQuest comics than the actual Atari games.

Below are some VERY old mockups I did, according to an old, obsolete vision I once had of the remakes. If I were to do the SwordQuest remakes today, they would be very different. They would still use isometric graphics, but the rooms would have a LOT more content, and the end result woud look something like a simplified version of the NES game "Solstice".

I may never get around to actually doing these proposed SwordQuest remakes on ColecoVision, but the desire to do them is definately there. :)

Attached Thumbnails

• sq_mockups.png

#25 nanochess OFFLINE  

nanochess

Processorus Polyglotus

• Topic Starter
  • 5,874 posts
  • Coding something good

Posted Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:21 PM

That's funny, I'm also a fan of SwordQuest. The games themselves are admittedly terrible, but there's something weirdly magical and magnetic about them, which I can't really explain. Maybe it's the in-game mechanic of discovering items in secret rooms, picking them up and dropping them off in other rooms to get some kind of reward. A crude mechanic, but unique in its own way. :)

Today, I'm in the mood to let you all in on a little secret: I've been thinking of remaking the SwordQuest series on the ColecoVision for several years. It's like a little holy grail for me, much like doing Zelda on ColecoVision is a holy grail of J-F. I envision these SwordQuest remakes as isometric games which draw more inspiration from the SwordQuest comics than the actual Atari games.

Below are some VERY old mockups I did, according to an old, obsolete vision I once had of the remakes. If I were to do the SwordQuest remakes today, they would be very different. They would still use isometric graphics, but the rooms would have a LOT more content, and the end result woud look something like a simplified version of the NES game "Solstice".

I may never get around to actually doing these proposed SwordQuest remakes on ColecoVision, but the desire to do them is definately there. :)

Very nice graphics!

Although I'm not really a fan of SwordQuest games, I got this complete series just by accident :).

Besides with the graphics you have you can do a very nice original game :)

Edited by nanochess, Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:31 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Colecovision, collection, loose cartridges, cartridges

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users