IGNORED

nanochess' Colecovision collection

I had already Yokai Yashiki with box, but I wanted a Casio game with box, so I opted for Aka Kenja No Ishi (Stone of Wisdom)

Yokai Yashiki is mildly interesting. Eduardo Mello even offered to port that game to the ColecoVision if I had wanted to publish it, but I turned the offer down, because I felt it was too close to The Goonies in terms of gameplay, and I felt The Goonies was superior. :)

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing your collection with us. Very impressive, you should be proud! I don't ever see myself having more than a handful of CIB Coleco games so looking through your posts brings a source of mental uplift to me.

Very nice CV collection!

Thanks! Still a few years more to get the remaining games! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At last Star Trek for Colecovision, and now I've a duplicated Smurf ;)

That Star Trek cover always makes me angry when I see it. The artist's must have only had one eye as the perspective of the Enterprise's phaser shot (coming out of the front of the ship) makes it look like the Klingon ship is in front of the Enterprise but then it would only be 1/4 the size of the Enterprise.

• Like 1

That Star Trek cover always makes me angry when I see it. The artist's must have only had one eye as the perspective of the Enterprise's phaser shot (coming out of the front of the ship) makes it look like the Klingon ship is in front of the Enterprise but then it would only be 1/4 the size of the Enterprise.

Ooohh! I see! Well, I'm pretty happy of having this game :) one step less to the complete collection :grin:

• 4 weeks later...

Just came Blockade Runner and my duplicated Gateway to Aphai.

But not exactly duplicated, because this new one is 1-piece box and it's bigger than the other game with 2-piece box. Besides note how the small icons at bottom left are white instead of blue.

gallery_30245_975_323383.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

^ What's nice to see about the variations in boxes is that it means at one point there was enough demand to do multiple runs of games. I'd like to at least think at one point in Colecovisions life it was thriving well enough that even third parties sold out of their inventory and had to order more. It's a shame that the "blazing hot" days of the system didn't last very long. :(

• Like 1

^ What's nice to see about the variations in boxes is that it means at one point there was enough demand to do multiple runs of games. I'd like to at least think at one point in Colecovisions life it was thriving well enough that even third parties sold out of their inventory and had to order more. It's a shame that the "blazing hot" days of the system didn't last very long. :(

Yep, that's true. It will be hard to get the last ones for my collection, but interesting nevertheless :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...