IGNORED

MPAA and XBox One are watching you. Mpaa? yessir!

Keatah

http://kotaku.com/56...de-your-privacy

"By default we don't listen or look at anything," MIcrosoft's director of the Kinect technology, Alex Kipman, told Kotaku in a recent interview. "No data is ever sent back to Microsoft. Period. Full stop."

I guess that a lot has changed since 2010...Bill Gates left the company and Big Brother was named the new CEO! All hail the ministry of truth!!! :-D

• Like 1

"I hate Big Brother!"

"No. You must love him."

I agree with Keatah 1984%. Does Microsoft really expect us to put up with this crap??? Christ, I just want to play some new games without having to deal with all this DRM and spyware bullshit. And don't count on Sony being this "white knight" alternative, either. I'm sure they've got something just as devious planned but are not showing their cards out of fear of the backlash that Microsoft is currently receiving. Remember that RFID patent they filed earlier this year? Now what could that possibly be used for... ?

• Like 4

...And don't count on Sony being this "white knight" alternative, either. I'm sure they've got something just as devious planned but are not showing their cards out of fear of the backlash that Microsoft is currently receiving. Remember that RFID patent they filed earlier this year? Now what could that possibly be used for... ?

Nintendo's starting to look better and better by the moment. I'm not saying they're completely innocent, but rather the (much) lesser of three evils. That, or Ouya. :-D

• Like 1

Nintendo's starting to look better and better by the moment. I'm not saying they're completely innocent, but rather the (much) lesser of three evils. That, or Ouya. :-D

Agreed! The Big N might have to step in once again and save the industry from itself like it did back in the 80's. It'll be interesting to see how the WiiU repositions itself this holiday season once the new rival consoles roll out.
  • Like 1

Agreed! The Big N might have to step in once again and save the industry from itself like it did back in the 80's. It'll be interesting to see how the WiiU repositions itself this holiday season once the new rival consoles roll out.

I could be wrong, but it has been my suspicion all along that the Nintendo has been holding out on a number of games, in preparation for the onslaught of new consoles. If they come out swinging this Christmas with a kick ass lineup and a better price point on their system (when compared to MS and Sony), they may just turn the tides. Time will tell.

• Like 1

I have no plans on buying a new Xbox (nor do I even have a broadband Internet connection at my apartment), but how difficult would it be to get around the Kinect "spying" on users? I would think that a well-placed sheet or towel draped over the sensor would limit its ability to keep tabs on someone.

I have no plans on buying a new Xbox (nor do I even have a broadband Internet connection at my apartment), but how difficult would it be to get around the Kinect "spying" on users? I would think that a well-placed sheet or towel draped over the sensor would limit its ability to keep tabs on someone.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if there wasn't some deeply hidden bit in the TOS you'll have to agree to that says preventing the Kinect from gathering the info it "requires" would be a violation of said TOS.

Edited by dendawg

...or you could just put this photo in front of the sensor:

post-29022-0-33746900-1369701044_thumb.jpg

:D

• Like 2

I was just kidding, but this might actually happen if you can believe those articles:

Movie companies should also fix it so Blu-ray discs will not play unless your Blu-ray player is connected to the Internet. You'll have to pay a viewing fee every time you watch after the first viewing. It's only fair. You got your 2 hours, plus many more hours of special features. If you want to go to a Broadway play more than once, you'll have to buy a ticket every time. The actors won't work for free after your first visit, so why should movie actors work for free when you watch a Blu-ray movie more than once? The fee will probably be less than 10 dollars and that's cheap for something that will give you another 2+ hours of entertainment.

• Like 1

I could be wrong, but it has been my suspicion all along that the Nintendo has been holding out on a number of games, in preparation for the onslaught of new consoles. If they come out swinging this Christmas with a kick ass lineup and a better price point on their system (when compared to MS and Sony), they may just turn the tides. Time will tell.

Rumor has it that they'll have a new 3D Mario, Mario Kart, and the HD remake of WindWaker out in the fall.

IMO they should drop the price of the deluxe down to $300 and keep Nintendoland as a pack-in. A ''new'' $300 console with a game vs new $400+ consoles full of anti-consumer tech and no backwards compatability? I think they'd do fine.

Edited by xg4bx